My letter to the editor :-)

Tue Sep 17 13:13:54 2002

"National Invisible Chronic Illness Awareness week" is September 23-29th There are many invisible illnesses but a condition known as Adhesion Related Disorders (ARD) is one that affects thousands. Adhesions are bands of scar tissue that form inside the body and are caused by past surgeries, infections, disease or trauma. Some patients are prone to this and others are not. The path of chronic pain is often unrecognized by doctors, undetected by all non-invasive tests [except by laproscope] and the patients credibility is questioned. A cycle of loneliness, frustration, pain and seeking relief begins. If the adhesions cause a bowel obstruction, a medical emergency, the patient "is" believed and surgery is performed. Surgery to relieve pain often results in formation of more adhesions. The vicious cycle starts again. Many doctors are hesitant to treat patients or even prescribe pain medication. Adhesions can cause a constant ripping, tugging, pulling, relentless agony. If the patient "looks well" it is hard for some to take her/him pain seriously. Take notice, medical professionals and others ,this invisible disease can be a silent "killer". Many patients have irreversible damage. I live this vicious cycle because of several surgeries I suffer from chronic abdomen/back pain, severe weight loss and the inability to care for myself and my family. We are also on public assistance because my husband lost his job trying to take care for us. ARD has destroyed our lives. I have been rejected and emotionally abused by countless medical professionals and hospitals so Please remember the people who suffer with chronic pain and give them the respect they so rightfully deserve. For more information on ARD please visit http://www.bombobeach.com or adhesions.org. Thank-You

You are more then welcome to use this to help you write a letter but you will need to change it some to make it your story! You are all in my prayers for a comfy day!

--
THERE ARE BLESSINGS IN EVERYTHING
Blessings come in many guises
That God alone in Love devises,
And sickness which we Dread so much
Can bring a very "healing Touch"-
For often on the "WINGS OF PAIN"
The Peace we sought before in vain
Will come to us with "Sweet Surprise"
For God is merciful and wise-
And through long hours of Tribulation
God gives us time for Meditation,