>Now just a question here, but has anyone thought of the Oprah show? I am new
>here, and i don't know what has been done or tried!!! Just trying to think of
>things ,and i would love to help in anyway i can! I live in Canada, and i am
>trying to find different places, and people, to get this out! We all need
>help, and I am more than ready to take a stand, and let us be heard!!!!!! We
>are suffering.......
>
>Cherryl

This is going to sound crazy, but I just now got done writing to the Oprah show!!! Here is what I sent to her. Everyone keep your fingers crossed!!!

I'm writing to you regarding a problem I've had for 1/2 my life, and a problem that thousands upon thousands of women, and men also face. Adhesions. Also known as scar tissue. It started when I was 15. I had an infection, and had to have a laporoscopy; minor belly button surgery. Since then, I've had approximately 16 surgeries due to endometriosis, cysts, but mostly adhesions, and probably face problems with adhesions for the rest of my life. I had a complete hysterectomy at the age of 27, without children, thinking that it would help. In fact, I was so sure my problems would be solved, I threw away all of my previous medical records! I've had 2 surgeries since then. I've been told that most likely I will not be able to have surgery again until I have a bowel obstruction, which is a very big problem with adhesions. The last 2 surgeries, I went to three surgeons, told them what was wrong, begged them to help me, and they told me they would not do surgery, because the adhesions would just come back, and it wouldn't help me. I tried telling them that surgery normally gives me six months of being pain free. Finally, my family doctor admitted me to the hospital for severe pain, then the on-call surgeon came & saw me in the hospital. It took some convincing, but he finally agreed to do the surgeries.

I've recently joined a support group on the internet, http://www.adhesions.org. I'm asking that you or someone on your staff take a little time, and look over this web site. As of this exact time, and this is only from the people who are joined with this group, there have been 3,991 years of suffering from adhesions, among 558 people. You can get this information by clicking on the Adhesions Quilt from the main page of this website. It also has so many very personal and touching stories of people like me who have suffered so very much. We have to face life daily with pain, with people who do not understand what it's like to have chronic pain. We have doctors talk down to us and treat us as if we are drug addicts. Sometimes our own families even turn on us because they do not understand what we are going through.

Please, if anything, look at this site, and read some of the stories of other men and women like myself. We need to have our voices heard. At this time, there are many doctors who do not believe that adhesions can cause pain, and we need to change that!! You will see in a lot of stories, there are times that many women like myself have just wanted to give up. I, personally, have begged God many times to just let me go to sleep & not wake up, because I didn't want to face another day of pain.

I think once you've read just a few stories, you will understand what I'm talking about.

Please, at a minimum, read some of these stories. And if you are interested in hearing more, feel free to contact me. As I said, we need to have our voices be heard, and I couldn't think of a better way than the Oprah Winfrey show. Just from those of us who suffer from adhesions, we could fill up your whole studio!

Thank you for your time!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: