Re: What Do You Do When..??

Sat Sep 21 18:54:30 2002

Hi this is shawna f. Maybe you could take some posts off the board and show him what other women are having to take etc... maybe he will feel more comfortable about prescribing you the proper amounts of meds, also invite him by handing him the web site newsletter to take a walk on the IAS web maybe once again if he sees other Drs. dealing with adhesion sufferers it will help ease his mind to keep helping you properly. Hope this was of some help. Shawna F. anonymous wrote:Hi, I have had Chronic Abdominal Pain for years know, I have had a lot of surgeries for this pain. The doctor is assuming that is it adhesions because of all the surgeries I have had. He has lower my dose of pain medication because "he doesn't feel comfortable" prescribing it to me. So he lowered it from 360mgs of Oxycontin 2 times a day to 160mgs one time a day. I have had reoccuring severe pain for the past 5 days. I can't eat, can't sleep, I am basically losing my mind. What can you do when you have a doctor who scares the crap out of you because he seems so uncaring? I don't know what to do? I am a college student and find it difficult to concentrate because the pain is so bad. I can't go back to where I was 2 years ago....I am desprate for any advice, please help me! Thank you so very much!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: