Re: ANTI-INFLAMMATORIES along with PAIN MEDS are a must for the inflammation caused by adhesions...

Fri Oct 4 00:13:56 2002

Helen Dynda wrote:On June 21, 2000...Beverly Doucette and I discussed the importance of anti-inflammatories for the inflammation caused by adhesions. ~ ~ ~ ~ H> Many adhesion-sufferers are taking anti-inflammatories. No doctor has ever told me that I should take them! B> Keep in mind that most Drs. don't even know what to do for ARD - let alone recommend something!! The pain is caused by the adhesion attachment-sites being pulled on and agitated - thus creating inflammation; so anti-inflamatories - in conjunction with pain meds - are a must. Usually 1200mgs -1600 mgs a day. LodineX or Celebrex are good. H> When a person experiences chronic pain - and does not take anti-inflammatories - does this cause MORE adhesions to form? B> Adhesions do not continue to form once formed!! They get harder or toughen up as time goes on; but they do not and are not capable of forming spontaneously from inflammation. B> They can and do form, however, from an " inflamed " appendix; because that is an infection waiting to burst! Not the same type of inflamation at all! Thank you Helen for posting this my Dr. just asked me today what are you hearing on the board that women are taking that is working for inflamation. I asked a month ago on a post ( or it seems like a month) what combo of meds seem to be helping so i can help my dr. and noone posted back so i deeply always appriciate your posts. Shawna french

WHENEVER A MESSAGE IS SENT FROM ME, KNOW AN ANGEL IS NEAR YOU

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: