Greetings

Mon Oct 7 14:20:21 2002

Hello all - I am new to this forum but not unkown to Dr. Wiseman. I have been totally disabled from adhesions since 10/99. Adhesions started forming in 1969 after emer surgery for an ovarian cyst which burst. Looking back I realize the pain I was having which I attributed to menses/ovulation was adhesions. In 4/99 I had TAH/BSO w/ lysis of adhesions performed by a doctor who had no idea what she was doing. I also have surgical clamps/staples which I am convinced have entrapped a nerve but I can't find a doctor who will even consider that possibility. You can literally see (and boy can I feel) my lower abdomen jump.

One of the reasons I have been unable to participate here is 'Pain Management' had me on so many narcotics that I was either sleeping or in pain for over two years. This past May, I decided it was time (after they told me they wanted to put a pump implant . . . yeah I thought about that for less than a blink of an eye) to get off the drugs and see where I was at now. The reason I agreed to take the drugs in the first place was the pain had become RSD and had spread to my legs and arms.

Like many, my family has not been very understanding. Thank God/dess I had already built a 'village' of sisters and brothers who knew me better than my family and have stuck by me through it all never letting me give up.

My life is an open book. So ask anything and you'll get a straight answer. I don't really have time to sort through all the postings that have gone before so I hope you will bear with me if I ask something that has already been beat to death. Just point me in the right direction and I'll look it up.

I must tell you that the thing that prompted me to get busy on this is my half-sister Lorri has recently been diagnosed with this same disease and I'm hoping I can do something to help her and all of us.

Joy, Peace and Harmony Guard Your Path, Marla

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: