Re: I don't know what to do..

Mon Oct 7 16:28:10 2002

Dear Sugarbear/Bobbi

Oh how well I know how hard it is to get through each day especially when you are waiting for that next appointment. I know this might sound silly but try to remember to breath in through your nose and out through your mouth using your diaphragm. Sometimes when the pain is really bad I find myself huffing and puffing like the little train that could and have to stop myself and regain some oxygen for my blood.

If you are using a Duragesic patch (my skin blisters so though I can't use it I've had experience with it) and it's not doing it's job, possibly your doseage is not high enough. It is a narcotic that should cut the pain even if it puts you to sleep.

If your doctor does not care about your pain and/or doesn't recognize the debilitating pain adhesions can cause educate him/her with the literature found at this site. If that doesn't work Find Another Doctor! I know that is easier said than done but give it a try.

And I know all about suicidal thoughts. I have those too though I went to a shrink who told me I certainly wasn't crazy to think about it with 24/7 pain taking it's toll. It would just be crazy to act on it. Show how much she knows <g>.

Do you have anyone who could call doctors for you and explain the situation? I know that was/is the toughest part for me. By the time you get through one phone call/wait/return call in a day that's more than you can endure. And the next day is spent resting up from the exertion so you don't even get to follow through.

Another thing you said that I relate to is that every day it gets worse. This is not your imagination. It's called a 'cycle of pain'. Mine got so bad by the time I got to a Pain Clinic I was in the early stages of RSD as it had started to spread into my arms and legs. The nerves are switched to an 'on' position and like a live electrical wire that has been severed, they try to go 'back' to the 'circuit breaker' and shut it down. Unfortunatley, along they way (to Nowhere) they are switching others 'on' as well.

If you can't find a doctor that will see you in the next few days - think about the emergency room. Since you are already on Duragesic, they will know that your pain is real and maybe be able to help you in the mean time.

My thoughts are with you

--
Marla

At Mon, 7 Oct 2002, Sugarbear110263@aol.com wrote: > >Does anyone know anything that I can do for some type of pain relief when I >can't find a Doctor anywhere that will help me. I'm desperate I cannot take >this pain any longer. Nothing over the counter is going to touch this pain. >I've been to Doc after Doc and they could care less whether I live, or die or >whether the pain is unbearable or not. Everyday that I get up is worse than >the day before. I saw a Doc last week who told me it couldn't be adhesion >pain since I just had them removed once in April and once in May 2002. He's >a nut. I know my body and what''s wrong. I never could understand how >someone could commit suicide but it doesn't seem so hard if someone had to >live in this kind of pain and can't find anyone who gives a hoot about you. >Sorry to rant and rave but I'm at the end of my rope. I'm suppose to see >another Doc but not until the 17th of October and with the pain like it is I >can't make it that long. I've called everyone I know trying to find >something for this pain. They put me on the Duragesic patch 3 weeks ago and >I can't tell that it's doing anything at all, and of course my regular Doc is >out of the office until next Tuesday. Sorry to bother all of you just needed >to vent. Love, Bobbi

--
Marla Brownfield
Champaign, Illinois
http://www.soltec.net/~onery1
Healing Reiki Energy will be sent
to anyone who request it.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: