Re: I don't know what to do..

Mon Oct 7 16:30:46 2002

May I just add that when I go alone and get angry or upset (cry) I'm dismissed as overemotional. But when my Mom went with me and hollered ... they Listened Carefully.

--
Marla

At Mon, 7 Oct 2002, ELEFUN4@aol.com wrote: > >I am so so sorry for your pain. I know exactly how you feel! I can't count >the number of times I have cried, or wished just to die so that the pain >would go away. It really sounds to me like you need a new group of doctors. I >found that when my husband went with me to the doctor to discuss my pain the >doctor really listened to him, and stopped looking at me like some pill >popper-you know "the look" these doctors can give you as they roll their >eyes!! When you have an advocate go with you to explain how much they see >you hurting it seems to really impact the doctor and it is harder for him to >blow you off. Take someone with a really strong personality, and it helps to >have printed out some of the pain medicine information you get on this board, >and take it with you. Discuss what you know, and show him how much you hurt. >I have broken down in tears in my doctor's office, if they see you as a >person with feelings it is harder to ignore you.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: