Re: Tish, patch information

Tue Oct 15 00:38:25 2002

Hi my Tish, How are you doing? I am doing okay today, last week was pretty rough. I have't made any decisions yet. I am just so very undecided right now. I am waiting to hear back from my pain Dr to see if I can get in to see him before next Monday (surgery date). I just need to have a long talk with him. This surgery has been such a long time coming that I just don't even want it. The timing is bad, it's almost Christmas. I'll be off 6 weeks with no pay. We just moved and I am still trying to catch up from that. I am thinking that I want to wait until after the first of the year. But I am afraid my employers are gonna be really upset if I wait any longer. I just don't know what to do. I just don't feel right about this right now, and I know that may sound crazy coming from someone in constant pain, but it's just a feeling I am having. Maybe it's just the older I get the harder this is for me each time. The recovery is so hard on the ole body, if you know what I mean??? These patches he gave me I think are more for numbing the skin type thing. It's Lidocaine and I think thats more for numbing the surface. The Oxycontin I am on is about 160mg to about 200mg per day, and the Percoset is helping alittle with the breakthrough. But both are not really much help. I just wish I could find something to just help me make it thru the day, still be able to handle work. I don't know if anything out there even exists for me. Thats why I want to talk to the Pain Dr. about the Nerve block. Have you had that done Tish? I don't remember you ever talking about it, but thought I'd ask you. I've slept since the last time we talked !! Ha Sorry.... Well girl, gotta hit the hay for tomorrow is another day!!! Take care of yourself Tish Dear for you are in my prayers, and thank you for the beautiful email card, certainly lifted my spirits, you are a wonderful person........ Your friend always, Tami

At Wed, 9 Oct 2002, Tish wrote: >
>Hi Tami ..I hope your at least comfy today..
>I am on Duragesic Thansdermal Patches..im not real familiar with the
>Lidocaine patches..The Duragesic is actually a med like your
>oxycontin..i change mine every 48 hours...and im on the Lorcet 10 for
>breakthrough..i dont ever get complete 100% relief...im not even sure if
>that is possible..How bout you, does the Oxycontin and Percocet do it
>for you?
>When My Pain Dr asked me to explain in detail how the meds were working
>for me i told him this...That the duragesic takes the edge off of the
>pain and the Lorcet makes whats left of it tolerable..thats about as
>good as it gets unfortunately..
>Well have you meade any decisions yet about the surgery girl..or are ya
>still kickin it around?