Re: Doctors Insisting Adhesions Wouldn't Cause My Bloating?

Fri Nov 8 21:30:22 2002

Yes hon, it DOES make sense that a "big glob of adhesions and organs stuck to the bowel WOULD cause some discomfort".....we went to SO many doctors--read my daughter's story on the quilt. Melissa S. dob 2/3/76. You absolutely have to hit the RIGHT doctor before you will get help--and a great web site doesn't hurt either! Melissa's doctor in California said, "If it was a man's penis stuck to his testicle, you'd BET we would have a cure". Hate to say it, but this is mostly a woman's disease, and unfortunately we all know what that means. We need to band together and send our daughters and granddaughters to medical school and start balancing the scale. Thank God tho, our tongues are not adhered to the roofs of our mouths!! We need to shout it from the rooftops until we are heard. I had a man ask me last week why we were considering going to Germany. Even after my brief explanation, he couldn't understand "adhesions". Right now my daughter is SO sick of being asked, "Do you feel better?" After all, she had surgery Sept. 26th and we all know surgery is done to make you well!! When she replies, "No, I'm still struggling" she gets a look of judgment from a lot of people. This upsets her!! I tell her when people don't understand or care to understand just say, "Oh, yeah, I'm fine....." because most of these people aren't in tune with what is happening anyway! (They will find out later that she had surgery again)! Barb, Melissa STAYS bloated. It is just awful. They removed many adhesions from her rectum, intestines, etc....she is not as constipated now, but the belly is still bloated. Always wears sweats, loose pants. It is a disgusting life for a 26 year old, beautiful, single girl! And, she has a 24 year old sister that is THIN, with a cute little waist and no health problems. We are thankful that she is well, however, I know it is a challenge for Melissa to see her sister having a great time and looking good. Don't take this doctor to heart--move on baby!!! K

>----- Original Message -----
From: "Lynn Creacy" <anonymous@medispecialty.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Friday, November 08, 2002 9:14 PM Subject: Re: Doctors Insisting Adhesions Wouldn't Cause My Bloating?

> At Fri, 8 Nov 2002, Barb wrote:
> >Barb,
> Evidentally, your doctors know nothing about adhesions if they say that
> they can not cause bloating. Where did they go to school? Why don't you
> take some of the articles from this site to your so called drs and see
> if they can explain how people around the world have the same symtons
> and when they have surgery in Germany or Australia using spraygel are
> cured. They must not read up on problems with adhesions. I hope you
> find a doctor that is informed and that will work with you. God bless.
>
> Lynn
>
> >I am so frustrated with the myriad of doctors I have seen. I am going
> >to assume they know little about adhesions but when they are so
> >insistent I start to worry that there might be something else wrong with
> >me.
> >I have a big mass of adhesions as well as my fallopian tube and ovary
> >stuck to my bowel, which is also near - or adhesed - to the pelvic wall.
> >The doctor says it is normal for the bowel to be near or adhesed to the
> >pelvic wall? Is he correct? Sounds weird to me. Doctor also can't
> >believe I am having as much bloating and discomfort with eating as I am
> >having. Sometimes I only need a few bites of food and I bloat like a
> >balloon and I can feel swelling in the area of the adhesions.
> >Are these doctors all nuts? Doesn't it make sense that such a big glob
> >of adhesions and organs stuck to a bowel would cause discomfort?
> >Help
>
> --
> A new friend
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: