A new members comments

Tue Nov 12 05:01:31 2002

To all my fellow ARD sufferers,

I want to first of all thank you all for being there and sharing your experiences. It really helps to know that I am not the only one with this affliction. I am currently 40 years old and have had adhesions since I was 24. I have been through a lot since then. I believe the cause was due to my first ob/gyn who let me go eight years with PID. He kept telling me that I did not have an infection that it was a nasty discharge because I had my son at 16, and bad girls usually had to pay for their mistakes. He also did the first laproscopic to determine the cause of the erratic and painful periods and told my mother that the adhesions (so he knew even back then) would go away as soon as I found a good man to take care of me. (what a quack) when I kept having problems he told my mother again that I was just trying to get attention and that there was nothing medically wrong with me. That I must be just acting out from the sexual and emotional abuse my father did when I was a child, and to seek a good mental hospital. So for years I suffered in silence, until my third husband just couldn't understand and started taking me to other doctors to find out that the damage had been done. The PID was cleared up and the surgeries began, we started taking the fertility pills only to find out, after having a blighted ovum that if I had gotten pregnant it would have killed me when the baby started ripping the curtain of adhesions. After 13 years and a complete hysterectomy my husband no longer needed me and he filed for divorce. I thank god every day for my son who is now 23 for he understands and is very supportive. He has even gone so far as to "find" pain meds on the streets for me when the doctors refused to prescribe more. For years I actually started believing the doctors and was starting to think that it was all in my head. That maybe I was just a junkie….

I feel quite lucky when I read some of your stories, (my god) I have only had 7 surgeries in the past 15 years, and have only managed to miss a few weeks work through each year. After my doctor did the hysterectomy he told me he put some sort of jell in there so maybe to slow down the adhesions and it worked for 6 years then I had to have an emergency appendectomy and now 1 ½ years later I am back in the doctor routine again. I thank god for the Internet and the ability to research and now for bumping into this website and all of your stories, it truly makes me know that I am not insane and there is really a problem out there. I keep reading about going to Germany for treatment. What makes the difference or what do they know that our doctors here can't learn? Can someone please shed some light on this? To all of you, thank you and if there is anything I can do or say PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

Sincerely, Mendy Louiso

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: