Re: Eileen - Germany

Tue Nov 12 21:52:47 2002

Eileen, I guarantee you he wasn't talking about SprayGel. It is only in very restricted clinical trials here in the states and will probably take a couple of years to be approved. There was also some mention way back when that when it is approved that it might only be for use in gyn cases. If a person has had a hysterectomy they would be SOL. But, that was a long time ago. Your best bet for finding out costs would be to speak with someone who has already been there....Lisa or Sally. Last I knew it was around $6,000 including everything. Air fare, room, food, hotel, and hospital and surgeon. I don't know if Dr. Kruchinski, with his new and exciting gasless procedure runs the same, but it would be worth it whatever the cost. Dr. Kruchinski and Dr. Reich work together somewhat and Dr. Reich is the only doctor in this country whom I would allow to lay his hands on me. You are new to this site. I suggest that you take the time to educate yourself to this disease. Search the archives using Helen Dynda's name. You will come up with such a vast amount of information that you will probably end up knowing more than most doctors do in this country about this disease. Read the stories on the quilt...maybe you already have...I can't remember. Don't repeat the mistakes that I have made. Seek out only the best. Karla Eileen <satintigerpr@yahoo.com> wrote:Karla,

I might be wrong but the doctor said Spray Gel, he probably thinks it's the same thing as Intergel and believe me if this product hasn't been approved in the US, certantly it's not here in Puerto Rico. Do you know when it will be approved in the US? It's good news to hear that people that has had Spray Gel hasn't had reformation.... that's what I need ASAP! Karla, what amount of money are we talking here, can you give me an estimate? Can you give me more info because seriously I'm looking forward to this trip to stop this misery. Thank you for the info Sweetie. God Bless. Eileen

At Tue, 12 Nov 2002, K Nygren wrote: >
>Eileen,
>I don't understand why your doctor told you that you could not have SprayGel. Could you please explain? First of all, SprayGel has not been approved for use in the U.S. It's use has been limited to some European countries and Australia. I have not heard of any side effects. The infection that you mention was a side effect of Intergel...not SprayGel. I have also heard that SprayGel is available in different strengths for people who might have sensitivities. SprayGel is your best hope right now. I have not heard one person who has had SprayGel used say that they have adhesion reformation....to the contrary. Please look into this further before you undergo any more surgery. While I understand your financial situation, perhaps there would be a means of raising the money to get you there. Those that have gone are so much happier and so pain free.
>God Bless.
>Karla

U2 on LAUNCH - Exclusive medley & videos from Greatest Hits CD

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: