Re: Dear Karla et al INSURRECTION! part3

Wed Nov 13 13:05:11 2002

Dawn, I have no problems with any of what you have written. I am like you in many ways...I want them to take action and I want them to do it NOW! Have you searched the archives to see if there might be copies of letters used in Wisconsin and New York? I know that I have had possession of all of this information....but that crashed a long time ago with my computer. I will help in any way I can. Karla dawn@naisp.net wrote:> >Karla
>Dear Karla You are right. The first step up the mountain is in our own
backyard. PLEASE all do not depend on the draft letter I wrote. I am a chef by trade and not the draftee of such an important letter by any means. It should go through the group. I'm a bull in a china shop kinda girl and my draft is rather pushy ( and I'm feelin kinda pushy these days (lol). It need to be tempered by others and well thought out. The last thing we need is to look like idiots. Perhaps one of you worked in law...can you redraft the letter and post? Then perhaps someone with motivation writing skills can give it the once over and post. Perhaps something pertinent is missing and each and every member should be able to point out what they feel is missing. Heck e mail me your ideas on the letter and I will keep updating the draft. Our local reps should be first then up to a state level ect. I know work has been done with Wisconsin and N.Y. To my understanding from reading the citation and resolution is that we have reached recognition status in those states. Has anything come about from this recognition? ALL please read patient advocacy section of IAS http://www.adhesions.org/PatientAdvocacy.htm Fabulous work has been done! Now I am not flaming anyone but things seemed to have fizzled out. God knows when someone does not post for awhile I fear them in the hospital. All of us could be in that ER anytime so this campaign needs to be the group banding together. Passing the baton from one to another if one goes down for awhile. Please sign up as an advocate. I just did. Dearest Helen I hope I have not offended you in any way by not following proper protocol. You have helped me more than you will ever know. Dear Beverly if you are out there please, I need those folders. To all of you (dearest Cindy) who responded that you are in GOD Bless you. I will not stop. Love, Dawn

>Dawn,
>Some wonderful ideas and I am in. But, we need to focus towards our state
governments. My friend, Beverly Doucette, who lives right in the same town as I and is an ARD patient advocate, has fought these battles. She has been to Washington D.C. and met with all the "right" people. But, she will tell you, we gain nothing taking that route. We must hit up our state government's to get recognition for ARD in each and every one of our states. Presently, I believe that there are only two states that have passed recognition....New York and Wisconsin. The information is in the archives as to what needs to be done. We need to present as a power, but if there are only two states that have these laws that means we aren't doing our jobs. There isn't a person on this list that cannot do this. It just takes a little bit of commitment on our part. I am guilty too. I lived in Michigan for a brief time and didn't get a whole lot done there. We need to band together and attack our state governments.

Dear Karla You are right. The first step up the mountain is in our own backyard. PLEASE all do not depend on the draft letter I wrote. I am a chef by trade and not the draftee of such an important letter by any means. It should go through the group. I'm a bull in a china shop kinda girl and my draft is rather pushy ( and I'm feelin kinda pushy these days (lol). It need to be tempered by others and well thought out. The last thing we need is to look like idiots. Perhaps one of you worked in law...can you redraft the letter and post? Then perhaps someone with motivation writing skills can give it the once over and post. Perhaps something pertinent is missing and each and every member should be able to point out what they feel is missing. Heck e mail me your ideas on the letter and I will keep updating the draft. Our local reps should be first then up to a state level ect. I know work has been done with Wisconsin and N.Y. To my understanding from reading the citation and resolution is that we have reached recognition status in those states. Has anything come about from this recognition? ALL please read patient advocacy section of IAS http://www.adhesions.org/PatientAdvocacy.htm Fabulous work has been done! Now I am not flaming anyone but things seemed to have fizzled out. God knows when someone does not post for awhile I fear them in the hospital. All of us could be in that ER anytime so this campaign needs to be the group banding together. Passing the baton from one to another if one goes down for awhile. Please sign up as an advocate. I just did. Dearest Helen I hope I have not offended you in any way by not following proper protocol. You have helped me more than you will ever know. Dear Beverly if you are out there please, I need those folders. To all of you (dearest Cindy) who responded that you are in GOD Bless you. I will not stop. Love, Dawn

>Dawn,
>Some wonderful ideas and I am in. But, we need to focus towards our state
governments. My friend, Beverly Doucette, who lives right in the same town as I and is an ARD patient advocate, has fought these battles. She has been to Washington D.C. and met with all the "right" people. But, she will tell you, we gain nothing taking that route. We must hit up our state government's to get recognition for ARD in each and every one of our states. Presently, I believe that there are only two states that have passed recognition....New York and Wisconsin. The information is in the archives as to what needs to be done. We need to present as a power, but if there are only two states that have these laws that means we aren't doing our jobs. There isn't a person on this list that cannot do this. It just takes a little bit of commitment on our part. I am guilty too. I lived in Michigan for a brief time and didn't get a whole lot done there. We need to band together and attack our state governments.

U2 on LAUNCH - Exclusive medley & videos from Greatest Hits CD

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: