When people are looking for doctors

Wed Nov 13 17:09:25 2002

I would like to make a statement here. So often we have people who come to this site looking for doctors in their area who are knowledgeable about adhesions...or who can help them with their adhesions, but are we helping them when we just give out names? As we have all learned, many doctors say they know about adhesions...they even come out and tell you that they can cure adhesions (a while back there was a doctor that advertised he could cure anyone of adhesions in 13 or less surgeries). We, the unsuspecting patients, trust them. But soon we find ourselves pain ridden again and full of adhesions. After these "experts" take our money we are left to our own pain...them unwilling to help us. It is my firm belief that as people come to this site we need to help them as much as possible, but at the same time we need to warn them they need to be extremely cautious in seeking out doctors. They need to be told to educate themselves by reading this site and digging into the archives. Tell them to read the stories on the quilt. If they feel that they need to have surgery then they should proceed very carefully because there is no "cure" offered here in the states and only now is there any hope that answers lie either in the future here or in other countries now. As adhesion sufferers we need to avoid surgery at all costs.....unless it is a medical emergency. Pain, itself, is not a medical emergency and while very uncomfortable, is something that we can live with. I am not saying that we should'nt see doctors.....but find a doctor that is educated into adhesions as we are educated. That is often not the case. I have found a large number of doctors that are very sympathetic to my cause and would bend over backwards to help, but at the same time that help could kill me and that is not where I am willing to go. Please understand that I am not saying that anybody has done anything wrong. But, I do believe that we have all forgotten to give the warnings to people. I understand that we need to present things positively...that can be achieved if we take the time to think about how we say it. As for me, well the old-timers on here know....I'm pretty blunt. I need to start telling people like it is. DON'T HAVE ANYMORE SURGERY unless its a medical emergency. Don't end up like me! God Bless! Karla cindy shruhan <cindyandbobby@webtv.net> wrote:HI LINDA DARLINA, BOY WE ARE CLOSE, IM IN VEGAS, I WILL EMAIL YOU PERSONALLY VERY SHORTLY ON DOCTOR'S FOR YOUR AREA, I JUST GOT THE WEBSITE FROM TISH, SO I WILL GET THAT GOING FOR YOU, AND KEEP ME POSTED IF YA NEED MORE HELP, THIS BOARD HAS MORE THAN I CAN EVER SAY, SO LET US ALL KNOW WHAT YA NEED MY FRIEND, AND GREAT JOB ON THE POSTINGS, GO GIRL..LOVE CINDY SHRUHAN.............. DOCTOR'S NEED FOR THIS WONDERFULN NEW MEMBER, IM ALSO EMAILING INFO TO HER, BUT AGAIN, ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT, THIS IS OUR LINDA GARCIA, SHE NEEDS DOCTOR'S FOR THE AREA OF FORT COLLINS, COLORADO ARE..VERY URGENTLY NEEDED, SO IM OFF TO SEND THE WEBSITE..HANG IN HERE KAREN..YOUR IN MY PRAYERS..LOVE YA ALL....... cindyandbobby@webtv.net

--
I'M VISUALLY IMPAIRED, I NEED THE CAP'S IN ORDER TO TYPE, NOT TO OFFEND ANYONE..THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING...

U2 on LAUNCH - Exclusive medley & videos from Greatest Hits CD

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: