Re: SALLY GRIGG IS GREATLY IN NEED OF OUR PRAYERS!!!!!

Thu Nov 14 18:37:02 2002

Dear Helen, My prayers go out to our Sally. Love, Millie.

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Helen Dynda To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2002 2:53 PM Subject: SALLY GRIGG IS GREATLY IN NEED OF OUR PRAYERS!!!!!

To all International Adhesions Society friends,

I just received some very sad and unfortunate news from Sally Grigg (lostcst@mcn.org) via AT&T. This was a recorded message so what I say in this messages is all I know (and remember) at this time.

SALLY IS GREATLY IN NEED OF OUR PRAYERS!!!!

For those who do not know Sally: Sally recently returned from Frankfurt, Germany so happy with the results of her surgery!!

On October 25th she had a successful adhesiolysis with Dr. Kruschinski. Her recovery had been progressing nicely...until she developed appendicitis!!!

If I remember correctly, Sally said she was in the hospital for 3 days before having surgery. Unfortunately, Sally had to have a laparotomy - and her surgeon cut her " from stem to stern!!!!!" Her appendix had ruptured - causing pus to cover all of her internal organs.

[ Note: When a person's appendix ruptures, the contents (pus) within the inflammed appendix flow throughout the abdominopelvic cavity. A ruptured appendix is an emergency situation - and there is the grave possibility that the patient could develop peritonitis. If not peritonitis, there is the very real possibility of " adhesions forming everywhere!"]

Sally told me that Dr. Kruschinski was in contact (by phone) with Sally's surgeon - and that he guided her surgeon through Sally's surgery. I only hope and pray that Sally's surgeon was able to follow Dr. Kruschinski's directions - to give Sally the best chance for the least amount of adhesion-formation. No SprayGel could be used - so I wonder if her surgeon used a barrier of any kind.

Sally needs to know that her ARD friends are doing what they can to help her through this very difficult time in her life. Please remember Sally in your prayers - and with your " Get well wishes." You can either post your " Get Well Wishes " here or send them to Sally at her email address (above). Thank you one and all!!

Love, Helen D.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: