Any help appreciated!

Wed Nov 20 04:52:25 2002

I have not had abdominal surgery for over 20 years. I have had some right lower quadrant pain for years but has increased since training for a 60 mile hike for breast cancer which I did October 4-6 in Atlanta. I saw the Gynocologist 3 days after the hike and he found blood in my stool...he sent me to the Gastroenterologist...and here we go! Pain has increased BIG TIME! Gastro found "something" he could feel and did a small bowel x-ray. There was no Crohn's which he originally suspected but he wants to repeat a CT scan I had done 3 weeks ago. ( I didn't drink the contrast, it was injected and the Gastro doesn't think that is sufficient) I am scheduled for a lap 12/4 but I am disappointed that my Gastro and Gyno are not communicating!

I have read some of your stories and I am thankful for willingness to share. I am pretty scared. I am 46 years old. I had appendectomy at age 7 and a hysterectomy at age 22. I have a lot of pain and swelling (is that normal or is that whatever the Gastro feels and wants to check out further) Does the Adhesive Disease feel like a mass? Please help...I already appreciate you guys in a huge way!! DJ

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: