Re: More to worry about.

Fri Nov 22 20:59:01 2002

Dear Millie;

I read the posts every day and I don't post often, but I must say that after all this time that you and I have both been on the board, I fear for you. For quite some time you seemed pretty ok, now you are not doing so well. I just pray for you dearly. I know what kind of pain you experience, however, I have not yet heard of a "tipped rectum." I have, of course, heard of a tipped uterus. Explain to me, if you would, how your rectum can become tipped. I just went to the General Surgeon myself today, he said that he doesn't think I need a rectocele repair as of yet, maybe someday. If you remember, only this past May I had the cystocele repair and bladder suspension, all due to first of all having 3 children, one large son at that, 9lbs 6 ozs, in 1982. Then I had a prolapsed uterus, furthering requiring the hysterectomy. So I would in deed like to know how you can get a tipped rectum, if that might not be my problem also.

Please keep us posted as to how you are and what the results of your tests are. I keep all of you in my prayers as I read on each day. Even though I lay in silence at times.

Love all my friends, Karen Carter

At Fri, 22 Nov 2002, Millie wrote: >
>I am so confused and scared that it isn't funny. On Sunday, I went to e.r. and they did xrays. Dr. said I was full of stool.
>I took half a bottle of mag citrate, after which I had/have a hard time getting rid of even loose stool.
>Tuesday, I went to local e.r. They xrayed me, and the Dr. siad there wasn't much stool. Report didn't mention anything about lots of stool. Just said normal bowel gas pattern.
>Today I went to gastro, and told him I'm getting worse.
>He sent me to xray, and he looked at the films. Said there wasn't much stool there. He showed me 2 of the films.
>He says he thinks I have a tipped rectum, due to the hyst.
>And if it is that, it can only be corrected by more surgery.
>I know I don't empty out, and it's a horrible feeling. He said to take stool softeners.
>He said the problem won't caiuse a blockage, and that he dosn't think I'll ever need a bag.
>Does anyone else have this problem?
>He wants me to go for a Sitz Marker Study.(colon transit study.)
>You swallow a capsule that has tiny rings, and they xray you every other day to see if the rings pass.
>Wish I had some good news.
>Millie.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: