Re: Clear Liquid Diet...&...Full Liquid Diet .....Millie

Sat Nov 23 19:01:08 2002

Helen, Yes, that's what I am going to do. I am so scared and so beside myself that it isn't funny. I just don't know what to think, anymore. Helen, I have lost 7 lbs., in the past few weeks, and I think I'm starting to give up on getting better. I took the Sitz Marker capsule today, and go for the first xray tomorrow. When the Dr. told me about this problem due to a hyst, and then said surgery is the only 'cure,' I really began to feel hopeless. Ed said I've been to so many Drs., and he wonders why none of them mentioned anything like this. He gets very angry at times, and very quiet towards me. Maybe because he's taken me to so many Drs. and so many e.r.'s and I get worse. I know he hates it when I cry and when I tell him I'm terrified of what's happening. I hardly eat, and drink maybe 2 or 3 cups of liquid a day. If we eat out, all I order is a cup of tea, and usually a baked potato. Or a belgian waffle, but only eat half of that. I just don't know what's happened to me. Thank you so much for all of your concern and help, Helen. Millie.

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Helen Dynda To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Saturday, November 23, 2002 1:51 AM Subject: Clear Liquid Diet...&...Full Liquid Diet .....Millie

--
  Millie, From your messages it does sound like you are having bowel problems of some kind.  Have you considered going on a clear liquid diet for a day or so?  The kind of foods you eat and adequate liquid intake are very important when it comes to the function of your digestive system.

X> Clear Liquid Diet

http://www.gicare.com/pated/edtgs14.htm

Purpose

A diet of clear liquids maintains vital body fluids, salts, and minerals; and also gives some energy for patients when normal food intake must be interrupted. Clear liquids are easily absorbed by the body. They reduce stimulation of the digestive system, and leave no residue in the intestinal tract. This is why a clear liquid diet is often prescribed in preparation for surgery, and is generally the first diet given by mouth after surgery. Clear liquids are given when a person has been without food by mouth (NPO) for a long time. This diet is also used in preparation for medical tests such as sigmoidoscopy, colonoscopy, or certain x-rays.

THERE IS MUCH MORE TO READ AT THE ABOVE WEBSITE.

~ ~ ~ ~

X> Full Liquid Diet

http://www.gicare.com/pated/edtgs15.htm

Purpose

The full liquid diet is used as a step between a clear liquid diet and a regular diet. It is often used after surgery or fasting. It may be used after certain procedures, such as jaw wiring. This diet may also be appropriate for patients who have swallowing and chewing problems.

THERE IS MUCH MORE TO READ AT THE ABOVE WEBSITE.

~ ~ ~ ~

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: