Quick advice on a Sunday?

Sun Nov 24 04:33:19 2002

Good morning all, It is 6 am on Sunday and I am very worried and need some quick advice. I have not had a bowel movement in 12 days and am wondering whether you think it would be safe to try another enema. I have been straining alot to try to get bowels to move for the last 2 months. Muscles don't seem to react to get anything going. I also have been having trouble urinating for 4 months or so. Does this sound like rectocele? I have been taking Miralax, senocot, colace and still nothing. I don't want to get alot of fluid in there and not be able to pass it. I'm thinking it would cause alot of extra pain....? A few months ago I told both reg. Dr. and pain Dr. about extreme constipation and both said "Oh it is because you are taking the pain meds....just drink more water"....well its not helping. The last bowel movement I did have about 12-14 days ago was very very hard. Alot of straining and the feces itself was so hard it had to be broken up with a coat hanger to get it to flush. In the last week I have been taking alot of the laxitives. Now when I strain I don't really feel the muscles working and some feces will kind of ooze out and it is soft. I know this is really kind of gross to be describing but I am really scared and worried... Afraid to go to ER as they will say it isn't life threatening and insurance won't pay for it. Also don't want any surgery, especially with some Dr. who knows nothing of adhesions. I have allready been told by 4 different surgeons they wouldn't touch me until life is in danger. My last lap was stopped because of extensive adhesions. I know this is long, but please someone help me today. I am at my wits end, hubby is frustrated with me too. He is worried and thinks when I tell the Dr.s what is happening they should be doing something. Don't you think after a while stool would be forced out just because it has no where else to go? So should I try an enema or not? A worried Cheryl Cole in Michigan

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: