Re: Quick advice on a Sunday?

Mon Nov 25 17:02:54 2002

Hey Kids, Iam very sorry that I was in bed all weekend and never read any posts, but I have been in yout situation many times and it is frightening. The best remedy for constipation such as you are speaking of is definately an enema. I have gone through the same thing that you are describing probably 50 times and it is very painful and worrysome. I found a product at the healthfood store that should be in every household where narcotics are prescribed. It is called psyllium husks powder. it costs about ten dollars for a 12 ounce bottle. I had'nt had a movement in over three weeks and I tried this and it realy works. Naturally, in your condition, I would take two to three tablespoons instead of teaspoons as is called for on the label. It sets up fast, so mix it up and drink it down really fast and chase it with plenty of water. Mix about a tablespoon in a cup of water and drink it as fast as you can, and then chase it with a glass of clear water. Give yourself about ten minutes and repeat the process and within the hour, you will have a bowel movement. Now remember that this is nothing like the miralax, the miralax has no taste and is thin, but the psylium husks powder is thick and has a bland taste. Do not forget to chase it with water as fast as you can, as it sets up and will feel as if you are choking. You can use it as it says on thelabel and just keep repeating the process until you have consumed at least two tablespooons. This stuff really works, but it may take an hour or so. Sory that I did'nt post sooner. Dave

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: