Re: Happy Holidays!!

Tue Dec 3 00:18:57 2002

Dearest Robin, I am surely sorry to hear that the meds are'nt helping you, especially on your anniversary. For what ever it is worth, Happy Aniversary. I pray that God will show His mercy and give you some relief until your return visit. I can understand that you do not get any relief from the vicoden and the 4mg diludid. I am on the patch and I use morphine for breakthrough pain. You might have to ask your Dr. to up the patch and to give you the morphine suckers in order to achieve the necessary pain relief. I had to have my patches uped last week, and I am up to 350ugh which is an outrageous amount of opiates, however when a person has the chronic pain that I have, and more surgury is not an option, then I have to do what I have to do. Please be careful and consider asking your Dr. to get you off of the diludid because if he were to increase the strength of it, you could experience kidney problems. Personally, the diludid really did some damage to my kidneys, and I had to have two surguries and now have implants just so my kidneys will work. Kidney failure is some of the worst pain that you can ever go through. When my kidneys shut down, the pain was worse than when I crushed my lower back,and broke seven vertabrae. So please consult with your Dr. about using another drug for breakthrough pain other than diludid. The vicoden is basically loritab with an anti inflamitory, which really is'nt a very good drug for breakthrough pain, and I would ask the Dr. to just give you the morphine suckers and increase the strength of the patches. Loritab is like asprin to those in such pain as you are experiencing, and the anti inflamitory in the vicoden is also harmful to the kidneys, especially along with the diludid. Hon I wish you the very best and I will keep you in my prayers. Just remember that the Dr. is only human, and neds to know the amount of pain that you are suffering, as well as the length of time that the pain is constantly bothering you. He, or She is there to help, and can only help when they know the reality of the suffering that you are going through. So do not be afraid to tell the Dr. that the meds that you are taking are just not working. One more point that I might stress is that the morphine is a clean drug as opposed to the vicoden and the diludid, as the morphine is much easier on the liver, because the liver has to break down any and all pill forms, that the body takes in. The patches are absorbed through the skin, and the suckers go straight to the bloodstream. In the meantime, for a small amount of relief, you might try a hotpack on the patches, as the hotpack will increase the amount of absorbtion that the body recieves, and may give a bit more relief until you can get in to see the Dr. I would'nt say a thing, except I have been where you are at right now. May The Lord have mercy on you and I will keep you in my prayers. God Bless You.........Dave

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: