Re: hi all

Thu Dec 5 16:02:09 2002

Dear Linda:

Others here have gone through similar situations - Drs refusing to give meds, and families and/or hubbys that can't or don't know how to support us. You are not alone.

So your situation is, they gave you Advil. Well, if that's all you've got right now, you'll have to make the best of it. I'm not taking anything for pain, so here's what I do for the same situation - when I feel I just can't take it anymore. Run yourself a nice hot bath, and put something scented in if you have it, or even a bit of baby oil and a drop of purfume. Before you get in the tub, lock the bathroom door (give everyone a warning, and then they can hold on). If you have a decent book to read, then have it ready. If not, get a ghetto blaster or some form of music and play something relaxing. Take 2 of the Advil. Make sure you have something to drink (I don't mean alcohol-it is a depressant), a smoke (if you do), and if you have a candle or two, bring them in and light them. Get into the tub and close your eyes, concentrate on breathing slowly to the count of 20, and then open your eyes. Then close your eyes and concentrate on breathing again. Do it a few times, until you can feel a bit more at ease. Then, read your book, have a drink/smoke, listen to some music, watch the flickering candle flames. When I do this, I don't come out until I can honestly say I feel at least a bit better.

I'm not sure, but I think the bentyl might be an antispasmotic, which could make you relax a bit, or at least groggy. Read the papers with the RX for side effects.

It is hard for others to understand when we hurt all the time. I gave up trying to make people get it. I'm sorry I'm not much help with that topic.

Linda, you are not alone, although sometimes it feels like you are. There are people all around the world who care for you, and we will pray that you find a good Dr and proper pain management.

Wising you pain free moments, hours and days. Clare

At Thu, 5 Dec 2002, linda garcia wrote: >
>Ok hope this finds everyone comfy today. I really need to.
>
>I don't have insurance and the town I live in has a free clinic on wednesday nites. I decided to go since I only had 2 vicodin left. I have been fighting the pain and trying to save these pills. My hubby works nites, so he didn't know I went until this morning. I took my post op report with me so they would know what is going on. One occasion they gave me some ultracet and I was hoping they would give me something this time around, Wishful thinking.
>
>I have IBS also, so the doc I saw gave me some pills called bentyl, anyone here of that? AND YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE WHAT THEY SENT ME HOME WITH FOR THE PAIN.~~
>
>ADVIL
>
>But the thing that has me so depressed is, my husband said I must be an addict.cause I can't manage this pain. He said, if they give you pills you take them I tried to tell him that I hurt 24 -7 but he don't get it. I always try to hide th epain from him and the kids. I have been in tears since 6 am. The person I love most (kids too) is the first one to turn on me. I don't know what to do . any suggestion is appreciated.
>
>Love
>
>Linda

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: