Re: disability

Fri Dec 27 02:27:51 2002

Lillian, You are a nurse, right?? Basically, I can say that the advice I gave applies all the way around....regardless of your disability. In your case, focus on not being able to be on your feet all day long. Not being able to bend over, lift patients, etc. As I mentioned, go through your day and its normal routine. Record all of the things you can no longer do, as well as the things that you can still do, but have been restricted at, i.e., you can still walk, but you can no longer walk for 8 hours without having to sit down every 5 minutes. Be sure to record all of this and as I have been telling people all along, respond to all questions as if it was your worst possible day. Make sure that you address all areas of concern, not just your back and not just your adhesions. I do want to point out that it is very likely that you will be denied on your initial application. They are likely to decide (this is based on my experience, not my beliefs) that you are not totally disabled based on any one condition. At the initial claims level they do not have the authority to combine a number of problems to find you disabled. You must have one condition that meets their standards. However, when you appeal it to the reconsideration level, they can and do reverse their decisions based on combining the disabilities. This is exactly what happened to me on my second case. It was also at the reconsideration level that I provided my first letter from my doctor. I can give you all of the advice in the world, but it is you that has to thoroughly complete the paperwork. I have never had back problems so I don't know what kind of problems you have. But, I do believe that my advice can be applied to any and all disabilities. Good Luck and God Bless!

Karla

**Soaring with my angel**

http://www.geocities.com/karlasfamily2001 http://www.geocities.com/princessd82000/BraydensHaven

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: