Re: disability

Fri Dec 27 02:42:55 2002

Lillian, Social Security is sending you to another doctor? In this case, you are going to have to go in and convey to them exactly what you would be putting in writing. I, myself, have never had to go to one of their doctors. What I would do is to put myself into as bad a day as I could.......you know what makes your pain worse. Make it that way. If you have to stay awake for a couple of nights, do it. Then they will see first hand exactly how bad it really is. Some might say that this seems dishonest, but it isn't. You know what would happen if you didn't. Inevitably, you would wake up to a painfree day for about the first time in three years. Then they would have no clue as to how bad it really is. I think that, very importantly, you need to back up your claim with letters from YOUR doctors. Get a letter from the doctor that handles your adhesions. Follow my guidelines for the letters....write them yourself to get them to say what you need them to. Then get a letter from your orthopedic doctor. If you can get them both to say that you are disabled based on each individual condition alone you will be in great shape. Otherwise, you may have to have them say something on the order of: Considering Lillian's back condition together with her adhesion disorder, she is totally disabled and should be granted Social Security disability benefits. I would try to get these letters so that you can take copies of them with you to your appointment. But, I would provide the originals to the state agency before you attend your appointment. Perhaps they would feel that with these letters, there is no need to have you see this doctor. If you would like to attempt to write these letters, Lillian, I would be more than happy to help.

Karla

**Soaring with my angel**

http://www.geocities.com/karlasfamily2001 http://www.geocities.com/princessd82000/BraydensHaven

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: