Re: Those With Bowel Adhesions - I Need Your Help

Thu Jan 2 18:33:04 2003

Dear Barb, I am not a medical professional; but I have had almost 33 years experience in dealing with adhesion-related disorder - and the secondary problems that adhesions cause.

1. Can all these bloating and pulling symptoms be from the organs stuck to the colon?

HD> Yes, it is possible; because adhesions are the way the human body heals following surgery - surgery of any kind!

2. Is it possible the colon is back stuck to my abdominal wall?

HD> Yes...Same answer as number 1.

3. Is there any type of diet that will help with this problem?

HD> Some people find a low-residue diet is helpful. Each person's body responds differently; so there are no easy answers to your question! It becomes a process of "trial and error" regarding anything a person eats or does.

If you are ready to learn more about adhesion related disorder, I can provide you with information; but you will have to write to me (olddad66@runestone.net) for this information.

--
Helen Dynda (Hoffman, MN)

~ ~ ~ ~

At Wed, 1 Jan 2003, Barb wrote: > >I have some questions that maybe only those with adhesions on thier >bowel can answer. >Quick background: History of endo. Latest lap July 02. Found very >little endo but more adhesions. Tube and ovary are adhesed to my colon. >At time of surgery the uterus was also adhesed to the colon and colon >stuck to abdominal wall. Surgeon removed uterus and colon from wall but >was unable to remove organs from colon (too involved for him). >Meds at present: Continuous birth control pills to control painful >ovulation/endometriosis. >Present Problems: I am nearly always bloated. When I eat, and it >doesn't seem to matter what I eat, the bloating is worse. I can >literally feel a bloating right where my colon and adhesions is. It >also feels like the colon might be back stuck to my abdominal wall. Even >when I take in a dep breath I can feel pressure/pulling in that area of >the colon. >Questions: >1. Can all these bloating and pulling symptoms be from the organs stuck >to the colon? >2. Is it possible the colon is back stuck to my abdominal wall? >3. Is there any type of diet that will help with this problem? >Thanks

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: