Re: Letter from Helen

Wed Jan 15 12:15:59 2003

Good Riddance!!!( Helen WHO?) You & those like you are why I don't have confidence in the medical community. You are cold & hard, just like all the $ you take from us!!! Finding a caring & compassionate Dr. in this day & age is almost virtually impossible. Why does everything have to be black & white? With adhesions it is mostly gray. If science is so precise why didn't adhesions show up on the thousands of dollars worth of tests I had run over the last 3 years!!! Why did I have to go to over a DOZEN Drs. before I found one that believed I was really in pain & tried to help me? Rita in AZ

"Dr.Moore" <bbm1969@bellsouth.net> wrote: This is my response to an email by your founder, Helen Dynday:

Your points are well made- you can tell you have done a lot of research on adhesions. Unfortunately I have had most of the same arguments put forth in multiple other emails sent to me individually. It seems only when someone has something nasty to say do they post it on the message board. When someone has a reasonable argument or a "you're right, that happened to me" story, they send me a private email.

I think I will bow out of this message board. The reasoning has become circular and no one has yet to show me that any of this makes a difference. Even you yourself said that they often encounter adhesions when they do a second look laparoscopy- what's to prevent adhesion formation from the second look laparoscopy? And again, there have been five or more products (e.g. Intercede, Seprafilm, Integrel (?sp??)) that have been the 'solution' to adhesions- none have cleared the hurdles of medical trials. Spraygel sounds promising, but so did these others.

Your most salient point is that of 'dashing hopes' on the message board. My postings have been critical and skeptical. Your board serves as a 'support group' for women who have a poorly understood and poorly treated condition. They need hope because sometimes that is all they have (in my opinion). My goal was to prevent someone from self harm and I do believe there is a lot of dangerous information on your site (??how to disimpact yourself??). But rigorous clinical skepticism is better suited at a medical convention or in academic institution and not on a support-group website. I do hope that something is found soon that treats/prevents adhesions.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: