need info on sharp excruciating pains!

Mon Jan 20 01:16:30 2003

Hi everyone, Thanks so much for being here. Please help me with any information you can give me. Here is my situation. I am 40 years old. I had a c-section (big huge VERTICAL scar)in 1985. Had a VBAC in 1988. Had 2 D & Cs in 1998 and 1999 for heavy bleeding and fibroids. After many tests and much pain finally just had a TAH 5 1/2 months ago. My stomach has been distented for years and I have gotten these obnoxious sharp pains for years when lying flat and moving the wrong way. Pain only lasts for seconds up to a minute, but it is excruciating! Now, within the past few weeks or so, it happens at many other given times. I could just be bending over, or going from a sitting to a standing position, coughing, sneezing while in the wrong position, lying down, twisting, and man o' man, suddenly I will get this shooting pain across my lower abdomen (just under the hysterecomy scar and above)that causes me to stop dead in my tracks. Its like everything in my insides just ripped. Like this tremendous burning sensation. It still only lasts for seconds to a minute, but I am petrefied. Should I return to my obgyn? Could this be adhesions? I have just spent the last three hours researching on the internet and I found this site. Please help me.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: