Re: Adhesions

Mon Jan 20 05:53:07 2003

Welcome Dear Bonny, Yes this is the problem so many of us deal with. There are surgeons out there who might not be afraid to take those adhesions down. Atleast you deserve a second opinion to a doctor that does adhesiolysis all the time...I don't want to get you hopes up or anything. Some here have had 20 or more procedure to take down adhesions. See in the "local IAS groups" @ left in blue area. contact one of these great folks in your area to see if there is a doctor who can give you a second opinion who is sympathetic to the plight of adhesions. Some women have decided to leave the country to take advantage of the surgical skill and the new barriers overseas. Not a choice to enter in lightly. The message archives are a great source to punch in your symptoms and surgeries to see what others have gone thru. To find more info on going over seas punch in Germany. Pay close attention to posts made by Helen Dynda. She is our educational powerhouse! There is hope....we are just starting to scratch to surface and positive research is going, really for the first time in earnest, for folks like us. We await the approval of the new generation of liqiud adhesion barriers to be approved in this country. You have found the best place to hang coz collectivly we have been thru it all.We understand the family and friends ramifications, we know the frustration of being told to live with it. We are here togehter to try to help each other thru the storm. You no longer have to suffer this by yourself and you are not crazy either. We will share your tears of pain and frustration. The blessing is that now you never have to be alone. We are here for you. Please now that you have found us take the oppertunity to go thru the site to help start your new education. The more you learn the more you will be able to advocate for yourself and the better you will be able to communicate with your docs in an imformeded and dignified manner. God bless you and hang in there. You can come to rant and rave ...we don't mind one bit...but please the most important thing to remember is that you are not alone. Love, Dawn Mon, 20 Jan 2003, anonymous@medispecialty.com wrote: >
>Hello. I am new to this site, but I am not new to adhesions. I had my
>uterus and one ovary removed in 1998. In 2001, I had surgery to remove
>the remaining ovary. It was discovered that the ovary, sigmoid colon
>and Ileac artery were adheded together. It took 4 surgeons 3 1/2-hours
>to remove as many of the adhesions as they could and to reach the ovary.
>They were never able to find my left uterer and it remains buried under
>adhesions. I has 1 1/2 years since the second surgery and I really
>don't have much of a life. I am in constant pain. They told me at that
>time that I could never have abdominal suregery again, unless it was an
>emergency and that I would have to learn to live with the pain.
>Sometimes it feels like I am slowly being crushed to death. It hurts if
>I go to the bathroom and it hurts if I don't. I guess that I'm looking
>for companionship in this and any advice from other people in my
>situation.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Bonny
>
>--
>Bonny
>

--
I'm no doctor, just a fellow sufferer like you but I hope you consider me a new friend.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: