Emma- Perthese Disease

Fri Jan 31 01:20:27 2003

Emma, I am the one who had Perthese Disease as a child and have had a hip replacement in 1994 with 2 revisions in 2000. I was crippled for 3 years as a child and in the hospital for a month in traction. I had my original hip replacement at age 45 at whicj time it wouldn't let me step on it anymore.

I had pain and problems long before that but they also wanted to hold off on replacing mine due to age so a good chiropractor helped me through several years until it was bone scraping bone.

This Support Group is for abdominal/pelvic adhesions (scar tissue) which I also have all of my adult life.

There is a support group for hip replacements at totallyhip.org. If you click on the Delphia Forum instead of the #1 Board (main board) some off them hung out on there. I met a few women (not many) there who had Perthese Disease. I also have their personal email addresses if you would like them. One of them was only in her late 20's when she had hers replaced.

Most of us with Perthes Disease didn't have good results from our hip replacements for some reason. There is also a site specifically for Pergthese Disease but I forget the web address because it was all parents with children who have it, not adults inflicted with it.

You can email me if you prefer at creative@enter.net. JEAN

At Thu, 30 Jan 2003, anonymous wrote: >
>At Fri, 28 Jun 2002, Emma wrote:
>>
>>Hello! I came across this site as I was searching for any information
>>about Perthese disease...or, more particularly adults with hip problems
>>who suffered with perthese disease as a child. Doctors are reluctant to
>>give full hip-replacements to patients of 30 years old (because they
>>don't last particularly well on active, young people). Are there any
>>alternatives? How does a thirty year old cope with a very painful,
>>mis-shaped, arthritic hipjoint? Any thoughts or ideas?
>>
>>At Thu, 24 May 2001, Jean Long wrote:
>>>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: