Difficulty getting bladder adhesion diagnosis...

Sat Feb 1 00:54:13 2003

Hi there. I've never posted to this particular message board, but have once to the Endometriosis board. I'm having a terrible time getting any doc to take adhesions seriously, even now that I'm on Lupron and all the pain except for the bladder pain has gone away.

I had ZERO problems with my bladder until the week following a laparoscopy 7 months ago. The pain has evolved, mellowed out, but it's like my bladder is attached to the front of my pelvis. Some days it's just an annoyance, a tight pulling that doesn't really hurt-hurt. Dull ache-like. But if my bladder gets too full (I try very hard to avoid this!), it starts some chain reaction torture thing that makes it terribly painful to urinate for about 1 week. At night, any night, when I lay down, I have a hard time sleeping in any position but on my side with a pillow between my legs because it begins to feel like my bladder is being pulled down towards the floor. And that hurts. I also get up numerous times to urinate during the night and have to take sleeping pills to avoid waking up every time my bladder begins to fill up and "pull down". One of my two lap incisions is directly above where all this is going on.

So, does this sound like bladder adhesions to anyone? Any advice on how to get a doctor to recognize the pain I'm in?

--
Melissa
----------------
Peace, Love, and Compassion
----------------

----------------

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: