Re: troubled times for JADE

Mon Feb 17 10:09:13 2003

Dear God, help us as Americans to wake up and see what's going on around us. Dave, you are right on target. It's not an easy path to take, being the strict parent, but I have taken that road with my son. I do not let him speak to me with disrespect, nor do I let him have his way all the time. He has chores to do and if he doesn't do them, then he gets punished. I do believe in spanking. Spare the rod and spoil the child the Bible says. I had to spank him last night for sassing me and disobeying me and my fiance. I do not allow that kind of behavior in my house. He knows that he can get away with murder at his real dad's house, but try it over here and he's in big trouble. I'm glad that you have taken a stand and are giving us scriptures to think about in this last day. I admire your strong beliefs. This site is a good one I think, because we do pray for one another and it's ok to talk about God and our feelings. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Dave, I have so much respect for you. You are in such pain, and yet you don't complain, you just keep studying the Bible and you make the most of your down time, so to speak. I think you are very wise. I am going to follow suit. If I have to lay in bed, in stead of watching the TV all the time, I'm going to pull out my Bible and begin digging thru God's word to learn as much as I can about the last days. God richly Bless you and keep you safe and help you in your day to day struggles. May God shine His love all around you and keep opening your eyes to His truth. I love you Dave and I say that with all respect and admiration of our God. You have been a good friend to me thru all of this. Hope you aren't having any more ice storms. Love, Tonya

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Littlerock29@aol.com To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Saturday, February 15, 2003 6:53 PM Subject: Re: troubled times for JADE

Dearest Linda, I agree with you 100% that if the children would have some discipline intheir lives, they wouldn't be headed straight for jail or even straight to hell.It says in the Bible that in the latter days that children will be disobeident to their parents. We find in the Book of 2nd Timothy chapter 3, verse1 through 8 that it says " this know also that iin the last days, perilous times shall come. For men will be lovers of their own selves, covetious, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobiedient to [[arents, unthankful, unholy. Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, feirce, despisers of those that are good. Traitors, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God. Having a form of Godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with diverse lusts. Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of truth.Now as Jannes and jambrees withstood Moses, so do thesealso resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith." Now if these passages do not fit the children of today, then it makes the Bible out to be a lie, for old men dont break into womens houses and lead away silly women, olny children do these things spoken of throughout these verses. Time out is a farce and a good whack upside the head will mostly get a childs attention to where a person can teach them right from wrong. Some children are just running around with the wrong crowd and need to be included in family outings and things to do at home on rainy days instead of running around smoking dope and doing all kinds of reprobate things. It is my opinion that these verses were written for the adults, so that they would know that children throughout the ages have lost respect for authority that should come from the homes and parents of the children, I used to be a child and I would promise not to take the new van out of town. But give me the keys and a few dollars and away we went to an out of town party. People need to wake up and realize that children will lie just to get what they want, and when they get it, the deal is off to help dad with the yardwork or whatever chores that dad or mom had in mind. America needs to wake up before we lose our children to drugs and aids and all sorts of shool shootings and anything that the devil can entice our kids to do today. Look at the teenage pregnancy rate and the number of unwed mothers and tell me that someone doesnt have a reprobate mind. I am not one to get in the middle of a quarrel, but to think our kids are little angels that can do no wrong is proposterous. May God Wake our Kids up and may the parents have enough sense to realize that we are living in the end times where all it takes is a few dollars or a few beers and our daughters are buck naked having sex with multiple partners. Remember Woodstock? Things are no different now than they were then. If you think that they are, you are just kidding yourself. May God Help us all..Dave

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: