What do you guys think I should do?

Wed Feb 26 16:46:09 2003

In 2000 I had a laparoscopy to determine what was causing my pelvic pain. The gyno said she found adhesions. This is how they were described: "adhesions between the sigmoid and fallopian tube", "a tenting of the sigmoid colon against the pelvic sidewall" and "scarring between the round ligaments and the fallopian tube". All were released and/or cut. I might have had a month or two free of pain (can't really remember) but it's been pretty non-stop for a couple of years. Back in 2000, I believe the pain was throughout my pelvic area and to the right. Well, the adhesions were found on my left side...the gyno said something about the right sided pain being referred. The pain I have now is mainly right sided along with some bladder issues because I was told last summer that I have Interstitial Cystitis. I describe the pain as burning, tearing, gnawing and always say "it's as if a sharp knife is stabbing me"...in fact, there have been times that I have wanted to stab a knife in that area!!! It is constant. My pain medication only takes the edge off and there's times it feels like I didn't even take any. I'm still grateful to be given them but wish I could end the pain cycle more. I've been wondering if I have IBS or other bowel troubles...anything except adhesions. I do get constipated a lot but I don't know if it's the adhesions or the pain medication. Sometimes my stools come out (when I can get them out!) looking like a really weird shape...like the shape of a twisting & turning intestine. I also have painful intercourse at times and bad period cramps. What I'd like to know is, should I go through all other tests before I assume it's the adhesions or does this sound pretty much like adhesions and then should I request another lap? Why would I have the severe pain on my right side if the adhesions were found on my left? I was told that the adhesions were from my tubal ligation I had done after my 2nd c-section. Does anybody have any ideas on what steps I should be taking? I would SO much appreciate your time!!! Good health to all and thanks a bunch! Deanna

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: