Re: diarrhea and obstruction

Tue Mar 25 05:25:39 2003

Dear Heather, I think I know what you are discribing. When I suffered from partial obstructions...getting distended...certain type of pain...no major bowel movements for days, only the so called diarrhea...I would have sudden and painful bursts of mostly liquid feces with maybe some bits of formed matter. Sometimes barely formed "pencil thin" stool would get by too. Had an IBS diagnosis from one doc that I took to be true for a long time. He did put me on a special diet ( low residue) and it was very helpful to me. Sorry to be gross. I would wear diapers during these periods just to play it safe as it was so sudden! Yep, good thing too. Be happy things are still moving...I know these times are increadibly painful. Please discuss this with your doctors ASAP, espesially since you have had two other obstructions, you need to get things moving again and they will help...a nutritionist can help also with a special diet to help these episodes from occuring. If you take narcotic pain relievers and other medication perhaps they need to be reasessed as they can cause bowel motility problems. I had recent adhesiolysis and my small and large bowel were glued to my abdominal wall...the pics I got of my insides from this surgery made it very clear why this was happening...normal bowel loops were so "constircted" it's a wonder anything got through at all but it did. Please, know I am not suggesting adhesiolysis for anyone or a low residue diet as there are many different diets that could help. Just using what I now know for an example. Hope this helps. Love, Dawn >
>Is it possible to have diarrhea and be obstructed?
>
>I've had diarrhea now for almost a week with some tendernes and stabbing
>pains that move around alot.
>
>This is new for me. In the past, my 2 obstructions came on suddenly,
>without any warning except for constipation.
>
>I thought if you were obstructed than nothing can get through?
>
>--
>Heather
>

--
I'm no doctor, just a fellow sufferer like you but I hope you consider me a new friend.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: