Re: Dr. wants me to have a hystorectomy due to adhesions

Fri Mar 28 04:20:40 2003

Dear Danielle, Welcome, you have found the right place to be. I feel I should be the poster child for NOT having a hysterectomy for endo and adhesions. The adhesions came back to me with such a vengence after my hyst that was suspose to be the answer to all my problems. I know from fertility drugs, Lupron ect. My suggestion would be to use this wonderful, informative site to start your education as to what it means to be an adhesion sufferer. This education could save your very life. It literally saved mine. Pour over the whole site with a fine tooth comb, read the many stories on the quilt of other who have gone before you and had the hyst. I know first hand that you suffer greatly but please give yourself more time to educate and take charge of your life and body. Your docs surely want to help you out of pain but it is wise to learn as much as you can before you get cut open again. Post away, as interacting on this site can be so theraputic for you but the most important message it has to offer is "you are not alone" anymore. Many have blazed a trail for you or I to follow and thru the support of all who suffer and your new found education you may not make the choices you would have even yesterday. Please feel free to contact me at the above email if I can be of further service to you. Much love from a friend you have not met yet, Dawn >Hi, my name is Danielle and this is my first time posting. I've always
>had pelvic pain for as long as I can remember, at around 19 I was told
>that I have endometriosis. The dr. said it was a mild case and pretty
>much disregarded me. In the years since I have had 4 laps and 2
>c-sections (both children were concieved w/fertility meds) This last lap
>I had the dr. said I had severe adhesions, that my uterus and bladder
>were fused together and that I would need a hystorectomy in order to
>aleviate the pain caused from the adhesions and the endo. I had a 2nd
>opinion yesterday and that dr. was very wishy washy and threw it back
>to me, well do you want to have it done? When I said no he suggested
>lupron or depo. I have tried it all, and I no longer wish to be forced
>into menopause and how would that help w/ the adhesions. I'm very
>confused and in pain daily. That is the other thing no dr. I see will
>address the pain issues, whenever I ask for pain meds I always feel as
>if I'm some kind of freak pill seeker.
>
>Anyway I found this site and really hope to hear from some women that
>can understand.

--
I'm no doctor, just a fellow sufferer like you but I hope you consider me a new friend.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: