Yes there are successfull adhesiolysis here and IAS blazes way for hope

Sat Apr 12 14:35:48 2003

Hi all, I worried about my words cause each time Germany is mentioned everyone goes crazy....I just want to say that yes, succesful adhesiolysys has and is performed in the US...it has to do with the surgeons awareness for the special needs of the ARD patient and their use of surgical techniques developed to reduce adhesion formation, a committed surgeon who will go to the tedious lenghts, no matter how long it takes...just a handful of folks in the world are this committed and talented. People have gone to the US surgeons and have become adhesion free. They can be found in the sponsor section of this site. They are great surgeons and the IAS approves of their surgical techniques but they have no successful adhesion barrier to work with. I'm just saying your best chance right now lies in Germany. Spray gel, proper techinique and second look. I personally believe in the no gas approach as some studies are showing that acidosis occurs after yer insides are subjected to gas and the pressure on the organs...I just figure that that avenue could not hurt but up your chances for becoming adhesion free even more plus you feel better faster. I know that surgeons have gone to study techniques in Germany...the bottom line is for now in the US there is no profit in it,it takes too long to do it right and a mess of other reasons that keep on getting us into surgery that is not successful. I stopped feeling sorry for myself and set Germany as my goal...I did not and still don't have a dime...not worked in a few years and a single mother who's family thought I was maybe making this up??? It took me months to get that money...mostly from small fundraisers and donations from friends and strangers alike. I never for a second gave up on that goal and it came to fruition. As I said earlier the IAS is always working for us to help get recognition,enact legislation,helping to secure us SSI benefits, talking to the surgeon general and now working with NIH. We are well on the way to getting some status. The IAS is out there kicking butt for us right now. There is hope. Never give up hope. If your goal is to get to Germany you will sumount the hurdles, if you are still active, maybe now is a waiting time, if you need surgery now then you get it. Just be the most educated you can be about your options before you could do anything to make you worse off. Nuff about Germany for now. Love, Dawn

--
I'm no doctor, just a fellow sufferer like you but I hope you consider me a new friend.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: