Re: Yes there are successfull adhesiolysis here and IAS blazes way for hope

Sat Apr 12 16:58:40 2003

I actually called a phone # on a site about ARD... Don't know if it's on the list here. But this site also said it was important to find surgeons experienced w/ this type of surgery. I called the # to find out that the surgeons' office was actually in my area... But they do NOT take my insurance. So even if I saw this list... Not sure it would help me at all...

Anyway, I think I can explain the issue of people "going crazy" ;) about the mentions of Germany is that it plays right into the feeling of hopelessness that I've been feeling, and that it seems like a lot of people feel, having pain that's not being taken care of properly, or being dismissed. And this mention of Germany being the only real solution plays into that feeling of helplessness.

For myself, I know my emotional state has deteriorated rapidly over the past couple of months of going through this. I'm now incredibly short-tempered and whereas I used to be an almost cock-eyed optimist, I've now been described by friends (who are obviously worried about me) as sounding "grim" or "belligerant" - quite negative.

Obviously I'm not arguing that these doctors in Germany can do a better job. As Homer Simpson said, no matter how good you are at something, there'll always be someone who's better. ;) hahaha. ;)

But on a positive note - instead of waxing more about Germany - which for me is a waste of time... How about the right information to get these adhesion barrier things into the US?

For example... I have about 100 friends & acquaintances & family members asking me if there's anything they can do for me (ie: non-financially, since a lot of them considered me to be far more financially secure than them before this!)

Well, I've been giving the names & addresses of political representatives in my area, for them to write to these people about their concern for me - being wrapped up in the area's lack of doctors because of medical malpractice insurance, and the problems with HMO red tape in getting to see the right doctors or any doctors at all.

I could certainly put it on the list of things people can do - to write to the right people about getting these adhesions surgery techniques going in the U.S. But I need information on who to write to about what - and what to say. ??? Anyone who has this information can post it here? Or e-mail me with it? I've seen a few form letters for various things here, but not specific to this - though I may have missed it.

I've gone lobbying to my state senate on other issues in the past, I would certainly think activism on this point would be worthwhile (more worthwhile than pining away grimly believing there'll never be proper care in the US)... and I'm sure that many of my friends & family members & acquaintances would be willing to participate in this.

There is strength in numbers, I do believe! So let me know, thanks.

At Sat, 12 Apr 2003, Dawn wrote: >They
>can be found in the sponsor section of this site. They are great
>surgeons and the IAS approves of their surgical techniques but they have
>no successful adhesion barrier to work with.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: