Re: germany?????

Sat Apr 12 17:14:05 2003

Hi Dawn.... I have been to one end of this continent to one other(Seattle for about 8 surgeries to 2 in Norfolk Virginia) for my son. I did this because this was the only group of doctor's that could fix him. I just find it hard to think that the greatest country in the world, can't do this same surgery.... I was just venting. It is not possible for me to go to Germany right now.....But thanks so much for the information and I am copying it and taking it to my doctor.... Kristie

--
Kristie...

At Sat, 12 Apr 2003, Dawn wrote: > >Dear Kristiee, >All the surgeons in the sponsor section of the IAS have been reviewed in >person during actual surgery by the IAS to ensure that the highest >quality adhesiolysis can be secured for us, the ARD sufferer. The IAS >does so much for us behind the scenes that not many are aware of. If at >all possible we should support the IAS financially as they continue to >break new ground and advocate for us in so many ways. If anyone has the >notion that the IAS makes money in anyway and I know some do...it is >simply not the case. Nuff about that. Right now Germany is considered >to be your best chance to be adhesion free, pain free. Many are tied to >the states for insurance reasons and others are just plain scared to >go...it is hard to accept they would be better off somewhere else than >the good ol USA but this is the case for now. It is cost effective too. >Compared to going to the surgeons here who have no effective adhesion >barrier to work with and the cost involved by going out of your >insurance parameters for some serious sticker shock procedures that do >not incorporate all the effective parts of successful adhesiolysis. In >Germany you have Dr. Kruschinski who I believe has the highest success >rate of all these doctors at about 99% cure rate and I am a great fan of >his gassless lap approach. One less thing (no gas) to cause new or >reformed adhesions and none of that horrible pain from the gas post op. >He has ample experience with all aspects of adhesiolysis and related >conditions that may go hand in hand with this disease. Then you have a >second look lap that can check the effectiveness of the initial surgery >and see if any new adhesions have formed they can easily be dealt with >then.( I was adhesion free for my second look surgery) Then of course is >his experience with spray gel. Spray gel is the only effective barrier >we know of for now and it still awaits completion of U.S. trials. My >greatest fear for all is that once spray gel is approved that many will >seek it's use from general surgeons throughtout the states and spraygel >alone is not the answer...it is a combination of all factors mentioned >above. I feel many will be worse off and I urge you all not to set >great stow on it's arrival but to educate yourself on all that makes for >a successful adhesiolysis. I know Dr. Reich is Dr. Kruschinski's >partner in Germany and performs adhesiolysis there in addition to a Dr. >Korell. I was just about on deaths door when I made it to >Dr.Kruschinski...horrifying pain, fecal incontinance, self catherising >and walking with a cane. Now I live each day free from all this and >feel I have passed a point where I would heave felt the return of the >adhesions based on past surgeries. Dr. K. is my hero but the >information on the other surgeons are there for you to see as well. I >urge you to review the information and make your own choice...having my >life saved has undoubtly made me very biased. I just pray for this >relief for all no matter how they get there or who they choose. We are >just starting to see people return from Germany in numbers that are >letting people see that relief is there right now! >Please feel free to contact me if I can be of further help. Dr. K.'s >liason here is Lisa Graven and her email address can be found in the >Endo/Gyn sponsored ad on this site as well as the adlap surgeons and Dr. >Lyons...I do my best to not >let the board turn into a Germany advertisement as many people come to >the IAS site for immediate help and support, all the information needed >to make an educated informed discision lies right here in the message >board archives and thru the sponser ads and their links. I do my best >to keep my humble opinion to myself as this is a very tough, and >personal choice but if someone asks me well... >Love and pain free wishes for all, >Dawn > >>Hi...I have a question.....Can't some doctor go visit with the Dr K in >>Germany and learn what he is doing? Seem's to me...it is a no brainer >>that over 600 people from this quilt would be his patients......just >>wondering. >>Kristiee >> >>At Sat, 12 Apr 2003, Dawn wrote: >>> >>>Dear Heidi, >>>Boy, I know how you feel. Are you having bowel problems too? Thats >>>probably why the docs want you off vicodan. Most pain killers given the >>>ARD sufferer are narcotic and cause bowel motility problems ...an awful >>>catch 22. I was also put on duragesic patch and wow it made a world of >>>difference. I also started having problems urinating though...then to >>>self cathing all the time. Not good! The ureo/gyn said I had nerve >>>damage. I started to waste away.....off to Germany and my hero...Dr. >>>Daniel Kruschski. When he preformed my adhesiolysis he found my poor >>>bladder attached to my liver and streched across to my bowels. 36 hours >>>after surgery I asked to leave to hospital as I felt brand new >>>again....still having problems peeing...Dr. K. said take off the >>>patch...well I was terrified to but when I did I had no more problems >>>peeing anymore. You see if you read the insert of the patch you will >>>find one of the side effects is urinary retention from my experience it >>>is big time retention. Before I went to germany I had gone to ER >>>locally as I could not pee at all...they cathed me and told me to come >>>off the patch...I did...then tests at the uero/gyn...after it was >>>decided it was nerve damage they said go back on the patch and well the >>>next thing I know I was in Germany. Between the distortion of my >>>bladder internally with the addition of the patch and the side effect of >>>urinary retention...all the pushing in the world would not produce pee. >>>As to being addicted to the patch..I know many worry about this... >>>The first time they told me to take it off it was difficult and I went >>>thru tollerable but frustrating withdrawl symptoms but the second time I >>>went off...48 hour after surgery with Dr. Kruschinki I took the patch >>>off and never looked back, no withdrawl, I was no longer in pain! I am >>>happy to say that thru the slew of meds I was on I am down to only 3 >>>pills a day total and will soon be weaned off pain meds and others soon. >>>Sounds like you have a good doc that believes in your pain if you are >>>given duragesic patch. If this was your surgeon as well then they are >>>pretty sure I would imagine that you are in pain when they saw the mess >>>caused by ARD inside you. Dearest Heidi, Please, when you feel well >>>enough or have someone willing...get your operative report and read >>>through it. Secure your surgical consent form too while your at >>>it...always good to have for every one. >>>You will see better exactly what happened to you during surgery....I >>>find you get a little chat from your surgeon after you wake up from >>>surgery...while you are throwing up or whatever post surgical la la >>>state you are in, they usually tell you how well the operation went and >>>they'll see you in 6 weeks for a check up....hmmm. Thats usually good >>>enough for most folks but... >>>I think you'll be surprised by your op report. If you do find yourself >>>soon in pain again I would not hesitate to get the best and highest >>>success rate adhesiolysis from Dr. K. in Germany...you will see his >>>information in the sponsor section under Uero/Gyn. Contact Lisa ( his >>>IAS liason with contact info in the sponsor information) and send your >>>op reports to him. >>>He'll tell you if he can help you...most likely he can. I worry so that >>>many have adhesiolysis here in the states as they are desparate to be >>>out of pain. We in the states are no where near being able to perform a >>>proper adhesiolysis and for now all hope for relief lies it Germany...it >>>is your best chance to become pain free and adhesion free...for less >>>that the price of say a hyundai. The highest success rate of all, the >>>best surgeon who preform adhesiolysis, gassless laparoscapy ( the gas >>>itself can cause adhesion growth)...I can't say enough about that..no >>>gas pain after surgery and of course proper application of spray gel. If >>>I can be of further service to you please do not hesitate to caonact me. >>>Love, >>>Dawn >>>>-- >>>>Heidi >>>> >>>-- >>>I'm no doctor, just a fellow sufferer like you but I hope you consider me a new friend. >>> >-- >I'm no doctor, just a fellow sufferer like you but I hope you consider me a new friend. >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: