Adhesions and Endo, Diagnosis

Tue Apr 15 05:11:48 2003

I have had pelvic pain since age 17. My Dr. felt it was Endo, but refered me to someone else. The new Dr. did a Lapro and found extreme adhesion which attached the intestines to an ovary. She removed the adhesions and claimed to not find any sign of endo. Pain was relieved for a month or two, then it was right back. I went back to the Dr. who performed the surgery and she said she did her job there was nothing wrong. I went back to my first Dr. who didn't buy it. She still felt it was endo. We tried bcp and progestrone but nothing worked. She suggested I try to get pregnant. (Problem was was that I had been having unprotected sex for 3-4 years and never got pregnant.) My husband and I tried everything to get pregnant. During that time the pain got worse and I was hospitalized for pain control. I was again referred to another Dr. who did another Lapro. The adhesions were back... but no endo was found. My original Dr. and the 3rd Dr. still won't rule out endo though. I have no history of surgeries or STDs. Nothing to give cause to adhesions. After the second Lapro, I got pregnant with my daughter!(with a little hormonal help) NO problems for two years, now they are back... Saw a 4th Dr. today who won't rule out endo either. She says it could be so small they just aren't seeing it. After discussing my case with another Dr. in the office, she gave me two options...hyst or Lupron. Since I would like to have more kids I guess lupron is my best choice. Is anyone else in the same boat? Being diagnosed with nothing found? And how much harder will it be to get pregnant again after Lupron? I'm scared of the effects it may have on my body.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: