Re: Swelling Belly

Sat May 17 11:59:52 2003

Hi Kelly --- I have one son and can't have anymore children. But I'm fine wiht that considering my age. In fact, my son was a miracle. I had my first gynecological surgery (myomectomy) in Jan. 1996 to remove 5 fibroids. Then, had my son 1 year and 12 days later via c-section. Then this past August had a myo thinking it was fibroids but it was a BENIGN pelvic tumor. Now, after about 9 mos. I feel the adhesions. The dr did get rid of some during that surgery. But I feel them still and know that I have to face more surgery in the future. I don't know if it will be a hysterectomy or not. Now I wish I did.

--
Caryn

At Sat, 17 May 2003, Kelly Marlow wrote: > >Caryn, >Just a little info. I had my hysterectomy 1 1/2 years ago thinking I >would be adhesion free. I am now waiting for my 2nd surgery due to >adhesions; after EVERY thing is gone. My hysterectomy was my 12th >surgery and I really thought it would be my last... I thought wrong. >There is small 3% of people that after a hysterectomy endometriosis does >not go away, and another percent of people that just seem to form >adhesions more. Just something to think about... I don't know if you >have children ...I never got to. There is a lot to think about before >that big step. If you have any ?'s just email me :) >Kelly Marlow >-----Original Message----- >From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf >Of Caryn >Sent: Saturday, May 17, 2003 8:42 AM >To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS >Subject: Re: Swelling Belly > >Hi Elaine, - I never really noticed that. All I notice is that when I >look at my body from the mirror on a side profile, it is shape like a >pregnant tummy. I had my myo in 8/2002. I was wondering if my uterus >is spreading. I've herad that term before. Now, you had a hysterectomy >- right??? You would think that you would be free of adhesions. Now I'm >frightened because Ihave lots of adhesions and I'm afraid if I have to >go that route for a hyst... that I will be worse off. > >BTW, when I post I sometimes see my post 2 times. I don't understand >this and see others too twice. Just wanted you all to know I post is >once only. > >Well thanks, Caryn > >At Sat, 17 May 2003, Elaine wrote: >> >>Does anyone else notice that their belly is not as swollen in the >>morning? >> >>Mine seems to be smaller when I wake up. By the afternoon it is >swollen >>to twice the size it was when I woke up. By the time I get ready to go >>to bed, it is even bigger. >> >>Any ideas or similar experiences?

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: