Re: adhesion pain in the ER: a nurse's opinion

Sat May 17 22:34:01 2003

Ohhhhh Nurse..as if you deserve that title. How dare you dispense your unfounded, uneducated, ill-informed opinions on this forum. What are you doing on here anyway?? Since you obviously don't believe that adhesions cause pain and that it is in our heads and we are drug seekers. Are you trying to further you cracker jack box education by reading on our forum? You call yourself a nurse but I find that hard to believe........more than likely you are an orderly or something of the sort becasue REAL nurse's have to take continuing education classes and it's a documented FACT that adhesions are a very real and painful complication of surgery. I feel quite certain that myself, wihtout a dgree in nursing, know more about the total havoc that adhesions can wreak on a body since I have had to return to surgery to have them removed because they had adhered to and obstructed my bowels and adhered my bowels to my omentum.....do you know what that is???? as well as adhering everything else together within my abdominal cavity. I also had an ovary TOTALLY strangled by adhesions and IT had to be removed and YOU don't THINK that was painful?? The truth is that NO ONE here cares what you think..now do your job and go mop up room 11, and when you get some compassion and some form of REAL education about patient care, pain management and adhesion sufferes and aren't too ashamed to show your name.....feel free to come back and join in on a real conversation with real women who now what the hell they are talking about.

--
Dawn

--
Hysterectomy in June 2002. Reopen abdominal incision in December 2002 for hernia extensive adhesions and bladder epair. 2 months post-op, adhesion pain back already.
Having a hard time dealing with the fact that adhesions have returned so quickly. I can't return to surgery every 6 months to have them removed. I guess I am going to have to learn to live with the pain of adhesions. Is there a state by state listing of dr's who are trained in adhesion related pan and is there a cure or a med that will alleviate it?
Dawn

PS. This is my first time posting here so I'm not sure if this is the right way to do it. Thanks

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: