Re: please help

Mon May 26 00:08:48 2003

Lyn, YES SOME people can feel adhesions from the outside. The first pain clinic I went to ( which i dont go to aymore.) did a exam and when he was feeling my stomache he said he could feel them through my skin. I never realized that my adhesions could be felt through my skin in my pelvic adhesions, I just thought that ,thst was how ur stomache was uppose to feel like, untill i got home for the pain clinic appt. and felt my moms and hers felt completly different, ( dont lumps just smooth, where as my feels like a bunch of lumps) the Dr. also told e that if you can actually feel them through your skin, that it means they are massive. I dont know if this is what u have bcause I'm not a Dr. just a 19 year old girl who has 23 surgeries and has exsessive adhesions in my stomache, mostly in my pelvic area, but a good amount in my middle ad upper abdomen. I also agree that u should go to a good dr, if u dont already have one ad get it checked out. I'm not too sure how fast adhesions occur after surgery but I'm almost positive that they would be so bad that ucould feel them through ur skin after only 3 months, expcially if u have only had that one surgry, it is probably still possable for u to get addhesions an they are very painful, but I'm not sure that they would form so badly to be able to "feel them" after one surgery an so quickly, I'm not sure though i could be wrong. thats why i suggest u should see a good Dr. for a diagnoises, because it could be something else. I know that everyone is different, but the pain iave from adhesions is sharpe and feels like sometin is "pulling", mine dont usually feel like cramps, but as i said everyone is different. if u dont go to the Dr.and are diagnoised ( which might take awhile due to some Dr.'s thinking adhesions dont cause pain, which is def. NOT tru it proven that they do cause tremendous pain.) I'm no really sure what testing is done to diagnoise them, mine were found during a laposcopy. If that is what u have , there are different things that might help. Sme people do pt. some do relaxation techniques, other take medications to control thier pain, and some people have surgery. Like I said I'm ot a Dr., and all thi info is based on my opinion, and advice Dr's have given or told me. I hope this helps u somewhat, take care and good luck I hope everything gets better for you and everyone else on the form has pain free days ahead. AnnMarie

At Sun, 25 May 2003, Privatelynxx@aol.com wrote: >
>hi, i have had surgery for removale of a gall bladder and gall stones, it has
>been only approx 3 months but i have terrible stomach cramps and my belly
>swells terrible, i can also feel lumps in my stomach is this adhesions?
>if it is, what shall i do?
>thank you . regards lyn .

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: