Re: Memorial Day

Tue May 27 17:03:45 2003

Hey Sally, You are so right-------I knew a battle had begun years ago when I realized Melissa was being ignored and in fact belittled by physicians. It was a long, lonely, depressing, gut wrenching battle--day in and day out. I pray that people coming down this same path will not have to endure what many on this site have..........and that we can help put an end to the misery of not only pain of adhesions, but also the misery and hopelessness that one feels when the doctor has nothing to offer but an antidepressant for your "problem"......... Thank God we kept fighting! I encourage everyone to heed Sally's words........you are a survivor. Don't ever give up! Karen -------Original Message------- From: adhesions@adhesions.org Date: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 11:18:21 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Memorial Day I just have to say this. I spent a while yesterday watching films on the heroes of World War 11 and Korea. I cried of course, blubbered in fact. Then got to thinking. We're in a war. With the doctors, our bodies, our families, the world, so to speak. We have major pain and most of the time are completely misunderstood. We have to hold our head up high despite what people think. And we have to endure because people love us and we can't let them down. It takes courage to go through what most of us live on a daily basis. So, dear sisters and a few brothers, feel good about yourself. You're alive and strong even if you are in bed and weak. You're an adhesion sufferer, but you are also a survivor. So think of yourself as in the forefront of medicine. You're a hero. God Bless You every one. Love, Sally Grigg
--

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: