IBS or adhesions?

Tue May 27 17:25:03 2003

-------Many doctors ignore or do not think adhesions are causing you problems. I took Melissa to countless doctors, especially gastro's and ob/gyn's.......not a one of them ever mentioned adhesions! When I would ask about endometriosis, I was told that was not her problem either. I had to figure it all out on my own. I finally ignored what the doctors were saying and just began researching. After all, she was still sick and we were just running around the same tree day in and day out, year end, year out....(upper/lower gi's, colonoscopies, etc). ....that was all that was ever offered.......oh yeah, they always offered an antidepressant too!!! Melissa was told over and over her pain was IBS...(this became the diagnosis after 6 or 7 different gastro's argued over Crohn's). I decided IBS stands for "I be sick"..........and it should be IBSATDDKW.... .. for "I be sick and the doctors don't know why" ........well, guess what.....since the adhesions are now gone.....Melissa no longer has IBS nor IBSATDDKW!!!! Dr. Kruschinski knew why she was sick! Adhesions......!!!!!!!! Maybe some people really have IBS and not IBSATDDKW-------maybe.........but if you're wondering if it is adhesions, I would keep searching......just as you are doing now! Best wishes to you, Karen

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: