Re: Newbie - anyone with ureters involved?

Sun Jun 8 11:06:19 2003

I HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE URETERS FOR YEARS DUE TO ADHESIONS-I'VE HAD A TOTOAL OF 9 SURGERIES IN THE PAST 3 YEARS INVOLVING REMOVING ADHESIONS AND SCAR TISSUE WHICH HAVE BLOCKED THE URETERS-THEY HAD TO PUT STENTS IN THE URETRS TO OPEN THEM UP. GOOD LLUCK -----Original Message----- From: "Karen Steward" <kann@charter.net> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Date: Sunday, June 08, 2003 10:51 AM Subject: Re: Newbie - anyone with ureters involved?

Hi Susie Q, I am sure a lot of adhesion sufferers have had ureter involvement, as Melissa did, and I have heard others say so as well. In Melissa's case there wasn't much that WASN'T involved! I agree with you, thank goodness for a doctor that stops when unsure of himself or the procedure! Melissa had all the adhesions in her body removed, becoming adhesion free with the surgery Dr. Kruschinski performed. She had 2 prior surgeries in the US that left her in pain and within months she had areas of new adhesion pain. So, for us, there was no question of what needed to be done.....the only people reporting success had been to Dr. Kruschinski in Germany. As far as testing goes......I know of none, as adhesions do not show up via tests....only by laparscopic surgery. Are you experiencing problems with urination? Melissa did-- and could not sleep at night for frequent trips to the bathroom. The second US surgeon told her he removed adhesions from the ureters, but that her bladder was extremely small...... long story short, her problems continued, along with a host of other problems...... She now is free of ALL the problems and small bladder or not, she is sleeping through the night.

Hope this helps some---sorry you have this painful problem.

Karen

-------Original Message-------

From: adhesions@adhesions.org Date: Sunday, June 08, 2003 02:20:25 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Newbie - anyone with ureters involved?

Hello,

I have been lurking for a few months, and would like to say "hi". I have searched the archives, with no specific answer to my question. During my last lap the surgeon left a dense "polyp" of adhesions behind. He suspected that my utero-sacral ligament and ureter are both encased within this "polyp". He did not feel comfortable continuing with the procedure, he was afraid of lysing the ureter and wrecking my kidney. He wanted me to see another surgeon to have the polyp removed. Someone with more experience in nephrology. I appreciate that he didn't continue the surgery when he was not confident, but now I am in a dilemna. Surgery or no? I am in pain, but it is not overwhelming. I should invest in the ibuprofin companies that keep me vertical each day! But, ibuprofin is also hard on the kidneys. Would anyone please let me know if you have had ureter involvement, and how your surgeon/physician treated you? Any tests I should request?

This board and website has been such a wonderful resource, I appreciate any responses. Thanks.

luck, SusieQ

http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm .

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: