Re: adhesions/gallbladder

Fri Jun 13 01:00:29 2003

Linda:

Thank you for sharing the difficult issues you are facing with the abdominal adhesions. I have been checking with this message board regularly and no longer feel so alone. A number of people have e-mailed me directly. I have never received such kind, compassionate support before. I will send an e-mail to Dr.Kruschinski. I've written to Dr. Korrel and faxed my surgical reports but have waited a year for a reply. He and others like him must be so very busy.

You are right about this condition. We look fine. This Saturday, I am invited to a party for a boy who just graduated school. For the last 22 yrs. I've gone to these parties and his grandfather always announces to his guests, "Well look at Rick here, he looks healthier than all of us." Same comment. Every party. While I am not asking for praise for suffering in silence, I do not desire ridicule either. He is one of many who refuses to believe that I have health problems.

When I was a boy (I'm 48), I used to watch a lot of horror films. Universal pictures featured Lon Chaney, Jr. as the Wolfman (his character's name was Lawrence Talbot). I saw the movie recently and said to my wife, I have so much more sympathy for this Talbor character. He looks healthy. He looks like everyone else, but he knew he was different inwardly and suffered from something that would never go away. That's how I feel. I go to outings (but won't eat), picnics (and can't eat the spicy foods). I look like everyone else. I even look healthy, but inwardly I'm different, and I know I am different from the other partygoers. I am in constant, unrelenting pain and I am alone in this pain. People are dancing at picnics, playing volleyball, etc. and I am sitting holding my right side that hurts everytime I inhale, when I walk, if I eat. I've learned how to put on the "political face" and smile and look happy. I've fooled a lot of people, but this pain is so draining and tiring. Hearing from individuals like yourself uplifts me and removes the sense of lonelines. I would not wish this on anyone and am sorry to hear that so many, like me, have to suffer daily.

Thanks again for your thougthful, kind words of support.

--
Rick Zollo

At Thu, 12 Jun 2003, linda garcia wrote: > >Rick, >Sorry to hear about all your troubles. You must know that you are not alone, you are not a whiner or psycho. I had 3 c-sections and for 7 years was told that I must be depressed, My husband must beat me, I must need a break from my kids. I have been through the same thing for years. It is very frusterating and it causes us to give up on looking for any help. These docs put their thoughts of us being depressed and so on in our records and then it makes it almost impossible to get any treatment whatsoever. I had a doc tell me that I was addicted to narcotics and she jus tblurted this out in the ER during one visit, when I got my records she stated that she discussed the possiblilty of addiction with me. There was no discussion just an accusation, this has followed me around. I finally got to a different town different ER and they admitted me to surgery within a week and found that I have severe dense adhesions. After that surgery I told her the pain was back and she said there > was nothing else to be done. I did find a doc here at a free clinic that started me with pain management. It saved my life. >I understand when you say "friends disappear" because they do not see physical symptoms like vomiting or pale skin, stuff like that, so they decided that we are drug seekers and just looking for sympathy. I hope that this doesn't happen to any of those that say we are nuts, cause this is an awful way to live, but no one could know what we go through until they walk in our shoes just one day. Have you tried to get into contact with Dr. Daniel Kruschinki? He is the best(ambidextrious too) surgeon in the world for adhesions, Harry Reich, is in PA and he has trained with Dr. Kruschinski so he knows the best technicques. Try to get into touch with this Doc in Germany as this is the only hope for people like us. This doc is so kind, I emailed him yesterday morning with my questions, fears and concerns and I had a response later that day. To get in contact with him, go to http://www.endogyn.com and he may be able to help. I have looked into air fare, I live in Wyoming and Denver is the > closest airport for me, and the airfare is like 250 round trip. This is our only hope when we suffer adhesions. >I was in the process of suing the doc that accused me of being an addict. She had been in the OR as the assistant surgeon during the delivery of my baby in March 2000 the removed adhesions after delivery, so she knew that they came back. I just can't find a doc to stand by me. For 3 years after this statement being in my medical records, no one would treat me. Dont' take this treatment from them lying down, you deserve the best of care, fight for your rights and your health. >sorry this is so long, but you have found a wonderful support group here at the IAS, There is another website http://www.bombobeach.com that has more info. >Take care >Linda Garcia >fellow sufferer. > >Live life to the fullest today because there is no guarantee that there will be a tomorrow

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: