Re: New dr says 'There's no test that's proven adhesions cause pain'

Sun Jun 15 07:53:01 2003

Hi Heather, There was research done in the UK a couple of years ago that proves it is possible for adhesions to cause pain. I am travelling at the moment with UKAS but as soon as I return home I will send you the info. I do try to answer many of your posts that I have articles about but unfortunately most of my posts are rejected.

In Friendship Kath Findlay The UK Adhesions Society http://www.adhesions.org.uk Kath.Findlay@adhesions.org.uk

United we stand Knowledge is power ARD is our fight Surrender never

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of heather hetrick Sent: 13 June 2003 04:16 To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: New dr says 'There's no test that's proven adhesions cause pain'

Amanda, You could try printing out something from IAS from Dr. Wiseman that states "The problems that they have been documented to cause - PAIN, infertility and bowel obstruction - are under-appreciated." There are several other places I have read on my Internet research that claim adhesions DO cause pain. I have finally found a doctor that understands! but it took me until doctor number 21 to find him, and that after the last one said "I don't know what to do for you any more" Good luck on your seach! Heather

>----- Original Message -----
From: "Amanda" <amandabcr@aol.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 1:16 PM Subject: New dr says 'There's no test that's proven adhesions cause pain'

> I recently went to a new dr-my dr was taken off my insurance.
> This new guy told me that there's been no test that's proven that
> adhesions cause pain-well we all know that is not true-but is there
> some proof or evidence in case I run into this again in my search
> for a new dr??
>

http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: