Re: my mom going to germany

Fri Jun 20 22:24:39 2003

I POSTED IN RESPONSE TO HOLLY'S MOM GOING TO GERMANY-FOR SOME REASON I THOUGHT YOU WERE HER SON. SORRY. I HAVE A SON WHO WORRIES ABOUT ME, TOO. GOOD LUCK! SHERRY G -----Original Message----- From: "Karen Steward" <kann@charter.net> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@dns.obgyn.net> Date: Friday, June 20, 2003 1:02 PM Subject: Re: my mom going to germany

Dear Holly,

I am sooooo very glad for you and your mom!!! I know exactly what you mean when you say, "My mom essentially left us over a year ago"..............it is so very sad to see the person you love dearly to be in such agony and pain. I also know how you feel when you express your disbelief that surgery made her WORSE instead of better.......it leaves the patient and family in complete dismay, unbelief and fear, as you begin to think there is NO hope.

I came across a line stating "surgery can actually cause more adhesion formation" on the Internet while in the motel room right after Melissa's 2nd US surgery. I silently cried all night long and felt guilt beyond belief---could not even utter the words to my husband over the phone; after all, I was the one that had insisted this surgery would be the one to really help her........we flew home with that statement running over and over like a tape in my head......and I sure couldn't tell Melissa......when I got home and alone with my husband I sobbed and sobbed to him what I had read. He cried too, but we both tried to console each other that perhaps it wasn't true.

I began immediately preparing that it would be. This is when I found out more about Dr. Kruschinski and I immediately wrote him about Melissa and her surgeries................sure enough, within just a few short months, we were faced with Melissa in more pain and episodes of doubled-over, moaning, vomiting, etc..........

Your mom is so very lucky to have such a sweet and caring daughter. That also tells me how very much she loves you!

We will be praying for you and your mom, a safe journey and a healed body............

Love,

Karen

-------Original Message-------

From: adhesions@adhesions.org Date: Friday, June 20, 2003 12:37:28 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: my mom going to germany

Thanks to Karen, Carolyn and Helen, we are scheduled with Dr. Kruschinski for surgery on July 11. The last procedure Mom had one month ago has left her much worse. She is pretty much down to eating broth, doubled over in pain every waking second, I can't understand how she endures but only because there is hope! My thoughts on having to go to Germany: I really believe we gave it a shot with American doctors. Even this last procedure, I was skeptical, but she said she had no choice, and it has left her in a real mess, and I didn't think she could get worse. I guess you can't die from adhesions but I swear I don't see her lasting another year like this. It feels life and death to me, even if it is just quality of life. My Mom essentially left us a year ago, I just want her back and will do anything to make that happen! So off we go, wish us luck. I will keep posting. Her second look is scheduled on my birthday, that will be the best present ever if she is pain-free when we return. Thanks so much to this Forum and all your support, you have really been angels! Holly and Angie (my Mom)

http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm .

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: