Fw: Re: An Amazing Experience in Germany!!

Mon Jun 23 20:47:41 2003

-------Original Message------- From: Karen Steward Date: Monday, June 23, 2003 08:23:47 PM To: kann@charter.net Subject: Re: An Amazing Experience in Germany!! Dear Deb, I am so glad you had a successful surgery with Dr. Kruschinski!!!!! It is unbelievable to return home free from the misery that plagued the body. I guess it is incomprehensible due to the fact we are so ill treated in the US.........it is a shame, but so true........today I have been backtracking on paperwork regarding the past 14 years Melissa was ill. I am putting it all together............it is a CHORE.....and the notes, comments, pictures, etc........some make me laugh, some make me cry.........but they are a great reminder of our desperate situation. I know many, many people that read this board can relate to being desperate for help from this horrid illness. All in all, the paperwork reminds me to never give up, regardless of how hopeless it seems--there has to be that nugget that shines with the answer...........and it is our job to uncover each stone........granted those stones can become heavier and heavier with each endeavor to look for the precious gem..........and so many times, each one that was uncovered produced absolutely nothing. Many in fact only produced even more frustration, and pain. However, there finally came the day, the nugget was found...........shining bright and beckoning us to come to Germany.......... ........... Sally Grigg, Tonya Fleming, and Carolyn Meadows had posted their success ........did I dare think it could happen to Melissa? As I read those stories I believed with all my heart our answer would be found at the skill of Dr. Kruschinski!! When we arrived in Germany, (and although Melissa was very ill upon arrival), upon meeting Dr.Kruschinski, I had complete confidence we had found our answer. Just like you, I cannot thank him enough for having the knowledge, talent, skill, and blessed hands to do the job that others hadn't done! He has gone above and beyond the call of duty by recognizing the condition the ARD sufferer is in.........he has created a way to insufflate the abdomen without using CO2, to ensure adhesions are not forming in other areas as the adhesiolysis is taking place!! I am not sure there are any other doctors doing this!! I also believe Dr. Kruschinski is talented with his hands in performing the surgery, and also in applying the SprayGel!!!! I don't know a lot about the application of SprayGel, but if it is anything like applying hair color, or wall paper glue or any other "application" process, we all know too well that disastrous results can follow if the "application" is not performed by an expert! I once was the sad owner of green hair and another time a bright purple.........and though the colors are in style now, those are not the colors I intended to be receiving.........and yes, I had PAID for the "application".. ..... I remember the girl that produced the green results trying to convince me that it was "true blonde".........................good thing I have a sense of humor, as I felt sorry for her.....she was white as a ghost and blubbering on and on...... hey.......if the hair is green, forget trying to convince me it isn't....... .............. Just like you Deb, it was the best decision we have ever made! Our family will be rejoicing from now on....it is GREAT to have our daughter back!! Sunday I saw my youngest son grab Melissa and give her a big hug..... .. her brother's and sister are so glad to see her laughing and smiling again! I cannot wait for the holidays..........it will be the first time in years Melissa will be a participant! ............ To all those that still need help..........we post to give you hope that you WILL get the help you need..........there are people working to get insurance companies to CHANGE their attitudes about ARD.......we are calling the media and trying to bring awareness to this miserable existence.............if you have insurance, begin bombarding them and demanding help. Find out WHO you need to write and follow through........many insurance companies provide an advocate service---call them, ask questions.........this is the only way change will come about. If anyone needs more information on how to fight insurance companies effectively, please write me and I can send you some helpful information.... .... I am currently fighting ours............ Deb, here's to you.............I am glad you have found your life again! Hugs, karen -------Original Message------- From: adhesions@adhesions.org Date: Monday, June 23, 2003 07:16:18 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: An Amazing Experience in Germany!! Although I’ve never posted a message on this web site before, I’ve been a faithful follower for more than a year. During that time I’ve read about the experiences of other adhesion sufferers, the many informative articles and links posted by Helen Dynda, and I’ve hoped and prayed for-- a solution to this painful condition for all of us. After much consideration and soul searching, I made the decision to contact Dr. Kruschinski. It was the best decision I’ve ever made. <P> My experience in Germany was incredible. Dr. Kruschinski is a brilliant, compassionate and highly skilled doctor, and I will never be able to thank him enough for everything he has done for me. During my pre-op meeting with him every question or concern I had was addressed completely and I felt totally at ease when we were through. I KNEW he was going to help me, so any lingering fear I may have had just disappeared. <P> Although my surgical history is limited (ruptured appendix with peritonitis in 1973, myomectomy in Dec. 2001), I still had severe adhesions which resulted in a five-hour surgery and eight kits of Spray Gel. In addition to the adhesiolysis, I also had a supracervical hysterectomy. Despite this major surgery, my recovery was remarkably fast. I was walking into town on day four, took a boat ride on the Main River on day five, then took the train to Heidelberg (two-hour trip) to do some more sightseeing on day six. I couldn’t believe how great I felt! I never dreamed it would be that easy, especially with the hysterectomy. Most importantly, the constant pain, pulling, and digestive problems I had been experiencing were gone. How wonderful it is to be free of those troublesome adhesions!! <P> The care we received while at the Emma Klinik was first class. The nurses were wonderful and very attentive. If I had to ring the call bell, a nurse was at the bedside within 10-15 seconds. The Klinik itself was immaculate, and I was so impressed by the everything I saw there. <P> My second-look showed no adhesions at all sites of adhesiolysis and no new adhesions on any other site. I will never forget hearing Dr. Kruschinski say “adhesion-free” after this procedure. I wanted to get off the stretcher and hug him!! <P> I had the pleasure of going though this experience with Liz from Washington. It was a comfort to have her there with me, and I will always be grateful for the support and encouragement she gave me. We also had the pleasure of meeting Margie and her daughter Kaye, James and his mother Angela, and Laura and her friend. <P> I also want to thank the wonderful staff at EndoGyn. From the moment we arrived we were treated like family. Michaela, Dr. Kruschinski’s nurse, is a very sweet and caring person. It was so nice getting to know everyone while we were there, and it was very difficult to say goodbye when it was time to return home. <P> I could go on and on about this incredible experience. For anyone considering surgery with this extraordinary doctor, please know you are in the BEST of hands. If I ever need surgery again, my first call will be to Dr. Kruschinski. <P> If anyone has any questions, please feel free to e-mail me directly. I promise to help in any way I can. <P> In closing I want to thank Karen, Sally and Dawn for responding to my e-mails, and a special thanks to Lisa Graven and Carolyn Meadows for their constant support and friendship throughout this process. I also want to thank Dr. Kruschinski again for giving me my life back. Each day gets better and better and I owe that all to him!! -- Deborah Heimburg RN<BR> Lebanon, New Jersey .

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: