Re: Katherine wrote on June 22, 2003

Mon Jun 23 22:34:14 2003

This message is for Katherine wrote June 22, 2003. My name is Maria and like you I am suffering from chronic abdominal pains for the last 3 years now. I have been seen and done all kind of procedures on me and also got all kinds of opinions from different surgeons. And all of them told me "adhesions do not cause pains", and they are all wrong! They just don't have no idea nor understand how this is causing our daily lives. I have been suffering from depression and anxiety because of the pains I am having. I am on all kind of high narcotic pain medications. I even went to pain management and they did something to kill the pain by putting needle on my back all the way to my abdomen, and boy I was in total pain! They had to do it again the second time which the pain got worst. I've been admitted to the hospital so many times cause of the pains and my stomach distented looks like I'm 6-7 months pregnant. But all they did is just keep shooting me with pain killers, you name it I already had them all. My husband co-worker referred us to one of the best doctor here in Las Vegas, Nevada. And he is a great doctor. He believes what I am going through and helping me find a surgeon who will do "Adhesiolysis." I almost had a surgery here but the surgeon backed-out. He told me that it will be very complicated to do an open surgery, since I had 8 different surgeries in the past including hysterectomy due to severe adhesions. So, I did a research myself on the net. I found one in Pennsylvania who specialize on "Adhesiolysis" or Minimally Invasive Surgery. But it's too far for me to go to. And luckily, 2 weeks ago I found one in Riverside, California which I'm going to see for consultation early next month and he will let me know if I am a candidate for the procedure. He specialize on this kind of health situation and also he does bariatric surgery. So, once I see him next month, I will let everyone of you knows the outcome of my consultation. Maybe that will help for those who's in need of help that lives in California. I can relate to all who have this kind of situation, since I am one of you...suffering from it and seems like most doctors do not understand. I hate it when most of them told me that I will have to live with this pain and take pain killers for the rest of my life. NO! That's not the answer for me...I am keeping my finger cross that this doctor will be able to help. So I can go back to my normal life, be able to work again and focus to my family and not the pains I am having right now. You might also ask your doctor if they can prescribe you an "Actiq", this medication is like a lollipop and it does work great. Goodluck to all of us who is suffering from this illness. Someday, we will be able to do the things we used to do and enjoy life again. Sincerely,

--
Maria T. Jackson Las Vegas, Nevada

At Sun, 22 Jun 2003, Katherine wrote: > >I explained the pain I've been having in my right side, the burning the >pulling, the stinging. I explained it's getting worse not better and >that it happens every time I stand up for more than a few minutes. (My >doctor was out of town so I saw one of her partners.) I also explained >that my doctor found adhesions on the right side during the laparoscopy. >As it turns out, I have a uterine infection along with the adhesion >pain. White blood cells were elevated and I had a lot of >pain/tenderness in my uterus. I still have the pain from adhesions >though and I've been documenting how long it lasts, the severity, etc. I >have had pain that lasts from five minutes to several hours every day >this week. And I know it's from the adhesions because it's on the right >side. (The other pain was on the left side and in the center.) I don't >have the money necessary to make a trip to Germany at this time and I >don't even know if it's to the point that I need to go to germany yet. >I'm sure this is only going to get worse, not better. It's gotten so >much worse just in the last two months. I don't know what else to do >except to go back to my doctor and discuss my options.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: