Re: To Robin Re : DR Korell

Tue Jun 24 07:47:53 2003

Dear Karen, Yesterday I saw my Dr & she lowered my morphine (MS Contin) so I am gradually getting off my meds & life so far is great. I am having to remember to stay out of the bed, but also not to over do. Dr Korell does use gas. I have never had any trouble with it, so that was not an issue for me. He does provide pictures. I have them from both of my surgeries. They are in color & show the adhesions and shows where he cut them and shows the blue spray gel. My 2nd surgery pictures shows no adhesions!! I did have some bowel involvment. He does operate on bowels. Although since I had surgery with him in Nov 2000, I did not have much this time on my bowels. And this time, there was no bowel to bowel. (Thank goodness). I didn't have any spasms. He does want you to get up & walk soon after surgery. He sent me home to do just about anything I felt up to doing. He also sends you with a letter for the airline. I had wheel chairs in all airports and I got the seat next to me cleared so I had a bit more room to streach out, which was great. Dr Korell does have 25 years of experience with removing adhesions. He is so kind. Last time I went there, he was the one that picked me up at the airport. I felt very comfortable talking with him & asking questions. I also need to say that there is a special lady there that will help with anything anyone would need. She will do as little or as much as anyone needs. She took me shopping & site seeing, and into her home to use the computer. She also was there when I woke up from surgeries. Dr Korell's fees are less than that of Frankfurt. I stayed for 3 weeks in the apartment right next to the hospital. It is a hotel type room with a safe, small refridge, tv & (pay extra for phone)and a small balcony. There is a full kitchen on each floor and a washer & dryer on another floor. I went alone because we just couldn't afford another person to go with me and no one could be gone so long. I felt very safe and confident alone, although I missed my family. My friend was there to keep be busy, even if it was just going to her flat & sit around and talk. My whole experience was great!! I hope I have answered your questions. If I missed something, or you have more questions, just write me again. love & prayers to all, robin M

At Mon, 23 Jun 2003, Karen Steward wrote: >
> Robin,
>
> I am glad you made a safe journey back from Germany and I am glad you
>are reporting a successful surgery! I hope each and every day brings you
>closer to complete freedom from the pain of adhesions!!!!!..........you ave
>
>definitely been through enough! I know your family had to be glad to see you
>back.........and all your animals too!!!!!!!
>
> I am not familiar with Dr. Korell. I am wondering if he uses gas or the
>AbdoLift?
>Also, does he provide pictures before/after surgery or a video of the
>surgery?
>What is your expected recovery time? Does he tell you to take it easy af er
>surgery or to go on about your life? Did you have spasms after surgery? ou
>may have stated, (sorry, I will re-read), but if not, did you have bowel
>involvement?
>Is he a bowel surgeon or does he provide a bowel surgeon?
>
>Please let us know more about his procedure when you feel up to it...... .I
>have
>had a lady e mail me about Dr. Korell........I am thinking she is confus ng
>him with
>Dr. Kruschinski since your recent posting........it would be good if we an
>provide
>more details between the two since they are both in Germany and bring
>clarity to
>which one we are referring to...........
>
>Keep us updated on your progress!! So glad you are home and free of pain ul
>adhesions!!!
>
>Hugs,
>
>Karen
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: