Re: Elaine....

Sun Jun 29 19:23:51 2003

Hi Katherine!

I would love to have a doctor who was willing to rule any and everything out. I've read countless hours online looking for anything that this pain could be. I always come back to adhesions though. Nothing else seems to fit the symptoms.

I'm so happy that you have a good doctor who is understanding and willing to help you search. If you have advice on getting a doctor to actually LISTEN ;), I'm all up for hearing it. I must come across as a blithering idiot ha!, because I leave an appointment (with people who aren't even doctors!) wondering why I even bothered going in.

Please let me know how your appointment goes on the 10th. I was extremely fortunate to get an appointment on the 1st with an actual regular doctor. I'm nervous - yet another new doctor that I have to explain the past almost 9 months of my life to. After I do, it will probably be next to impossible to actually see this doctor again because of our insurance. I'm embarrassed to go back to our clinic because I've been twice now since April and no one has told me why I hurt or what to do about it. I feel like I'm wasting their time because they have such a high case load, I've already been seen and they've pretty much not come up with any reason for the pain. Oh well, I figure I'll try one last time and if no options for a second opinion or ruling out other reasons, I'll figure out something else. I pray a lot, so hopefully one way or another my faith will get me to where I'm suppose to be to find out why and how to fix it.

I'm sorry to hear yesterday was a bad day for you. I hope you are feeling better today!

At Sun, 29 Jun 2003, Katherine wrote: >
>Good luck! I sincerely hope you find a doctor who will listen to you;
>someone who will understand what you're going through. I have been
>fortunate in that my doctor listens to me and believes that adhesions
>could be doing this. As a precaution, she ruled out everything else
>(infections, endometriosis, etc). She believes me and is willing to do
>surgery but only as a last resort. I will go back to see her on July
>10th. I'm hesitant to even mention this because I'm sure I'll get some
>negative responses (or absolutely no response at all), but if I'm still
>hurting after the 10th we are going to schedule surgery to have them
>removed. This might be only the starting point, and maybe multiple
>surgery might be needed. I hope not. But I'm willing to accept that
>fact. I'll do anything I have to. You are not alone in your pain. What
>you describe is exactly what I have. A dull ache if I'm not moving
>around. A terrible burning, pulling, stinging pain if I'm on my feet
>for more than a few minutes (yesterday was a BAD day for that). Good
>luck to you and I hope you find relief soon!
>
>--
>Katherine
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: